Girls, have you ever rejected a guy because he just wasn't "manly" enough?

However you interpret that word?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yesish. I have rejected a guy because the reality was that if we were to be walking to the car on a dark night and someone tried to attack us, I would have been the one protecting him. He wasn't a protector and even though I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself and I throw a mean uppercut, I need a man who is going to be able to protect our potential future family. Not only that, but he was too much of a pushover and he didn't stand up for himself or even know how to be assertive. If something happened, he would be totally passive and vent about it for hours later but he would never actually say something to the person's face or take assertive measures to handle the issue. I also felt that he was just waaaay too sensitive and I had to spend a lot of time nursing his fragile ego back to health. -_-

• And then you have girls complain about guys not sharing their emotions...

• @HelloEveryone123456 ... okay?

• What is your idea of a good protector? Most girls have different ideas on their image of a protector.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I know some women that will and I can agree with that decision lol. No women I've met wants a femmy anti manly guy. Who spends more time getting ready then the girl. Who wants that? I think a lot of girls want a man who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and wouldn't think twice about protecting them.

What Girls Said 26

• I'm not looking for a super macho guy, but there have been men who are pretty feminine in their appearance and behavior that I just wasn't attracted to.

• No, I've never "truly" rejected the guy because whenever a guy asked me out, it was a joke. My 2 exes (irl) I asked out, and my current boyfriend he asked me out but I knew he wasn't joking cause he's a sweetheart.

• Dafuq no! Lol who would do that? Besides everyone has a different definition of manly. Jesus said "Come as you are" lol so IDC what the guy is as long as he is into me and not a serial killer or worse😨😂

• Nah.

• I don't have a particular definition of a "man" in my mind.. I reject someone cuz I am not attracted to them.. there can be a lot of other reasons for that

• Nope! It has happen! What kinda of girl are you dating?

• I can't say I ever have.

• No. And I think when guys are comfortable being themselves then that's manly. I especially like it when they can cook and clean LOL I can't do those things XD

• Nope that's never been the issue. Only issue I faced once with a dude was how he acted like a lost puppy which gets annoying after a point.

• Never. I don't think that would every happen, really.

• lol never xD

because he wasn't decent enough and because I had a boyfriend whom I love :P so... yup lol

• Nope, that's never been an issue.

• Mmmmmm no I just reject them cause I'm simply not attracted by their looks or personality in genera;

• No I have never done that

• I'm not into meatheads, and I don't think they're into me. I'm not about the hypermasculinity thing so no, I can't say that I have.

• yes i have, i have rejected guys where i need to take all the decisions because he is never sure about what he wants to do.

• Nope. I haven't really rejected anyone.

• Nope o3o

• if a guy is not good at math then he is not manly in my opinion. So, yes I have.

• well that cut out a good chunk of the male population lol

• What does a woman have to be good at for you to consider her 'woman' enough?

• Now THAT is a criterion I never heard before to define manliness. :-P

• no I have not

• No, I don't like macho guys

• No, but I rather like effeminate men.

• Honestly--yes. More than once.

• how did they come across as 'not manly?' or what do you require in a man for you to view him as such?

• so you don't like a man who shares his emotions?

• Not exactly what I meant. There's a time and a place. If you get the warm and fuzzies over every little thing or you're easy to upset I probably won't know how to deal with it.

• No hell if I could get anyone who would love me it would be okay with me

• Yea I put this guy in the friend zone because he was a pussy.

• How was he a 'pussy?'

• I had to constantly light a fire under him so that he wouldn't get stepped on and used by people. He never ever stuck up for himself and extremely meek and quiet so while he was a great friend he just didn't have enough balls for me. Not saying I like punks but I like men who have a backbone.

• Are you saying he was or wasn't a punk?

What is the definition of a punk to you?

• No. I've never met a guy that I thought was too feminine or anything.

What Guys Said 3

• I see many men and women complaining that they don't even get asked out, so I think a lot don't even have the opportunity to reject someone

• Nope, I only reject guys because their not woman.

• This is a good question.