Is it weird that the person I most admire is me?

I have to write an essay for an application on who I admire the most is it weird I chose myself?
Does that make me self-centered?

• Yes it's weird
  • No i admire myself too

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, why would it be?

Loving yourself has a bad press in the West. We often associate it with being self-centered and not caring about others.

In fact, we have a tendency to want to put ourselves down to avoid being thought of as self-centered.

No one is ever going to love you more than you love yourself. In other words, until you're 100 percent into you, no one else will be. Do whatever it takes to increase your self confidence and love who you are.

I mean, think about it. If you're not connected to who you really are, how the heck are you going to connect with someone else?

B.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think so. To be honest, I think that'd be a great idea? I admire myself but I've never thought about choosing myself, go for it.

• What have you done? Anything? What have you accomplished? Anything? Anything at all? You're 18-24. So what have you done? It's not weird if you actually have something to show for yourself. And if you don't, it's not weird, it's just that you're a stupid ignorant person.

• We all do. I don;t know if we should but nobody knows our life journey better than us

• I depends. Are you an Olympian? A member of Mensa? Have you been nominated for any of the following: Nobel, Pulitzer, Booker, nebula, BAFTA, Emmy, Harvey, Shorty, ASCAP, FIFTA?

If not, then you're weird. Sorry.

• I think that's a really bad choice. It's going to make you look extremely self absorbed and borderline narcissistic so I doubt it'll help with whatever you're applying for

• Others would call that narcissistic

• Pretty weird...

Unless you were a Holocaust survivor or something...

• I hate myself...

I can barely even look in the mirror let alone kiss my reflection...

Who would want to kiss that?

• That's interesting. I'd give you a bonus for being so innovative.

What Girls Said 11

• It is weird. Don't do it if you actually want whatever you're applying for, unless you're making it clear that the essay is satire or sarcasm, OR unless you make the essay itself about how weird it is to say that you admire yourself the most of anyone on Earth.

• that's a great idea; as long as you have objective reasons to support it, you're not being self-centred.

• Mm that would be an interesting perspective to have. I guess you can? Did the essay say it could be about anyone? If so way not? If you can write an essay about yourself lol

• not werid at all!

• Honestly no, haha I kiss my reflection every day and night. Know one love's/admire's me more than me!

• Naw, I'd do the same
    d.gr-assets.com/.../10388072.gif

• I also admire myself most. Maybe it' s a protective way to act or because of we "feel" our souls, and Can be totally empathetic with us. About the essay tho, i think it's better another choice, because they would think you're narcissistic and selfish... Eventually, it's ok to admire yourself, but don't risk to stay too by yourself and lack empathy with other people. Kiss 😉

• well i guess that's nice, takes a lot for many people to feel that. I'm not sure id write an essay on myself though, i can't think of that much to say.

• depends on the reason and how you write. you can make it deep then it's not weird.

• I respect the fuck out of that so long as there's a compelling reason.

You go glen coco!

• It is not weird but it certainly makes you self-centered. The worst part of it is in order to grow individually psychologically and emotionally one needs a role model. Not necessarily a role model for all things but someone you can pattern yourself after for any given part of one's life. Self-centeredness stunts your own emotional growth. You might as well be smoking grass