Can you survive without money?

if yes , how long?
if no , why?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• In an absolute worst-case scenario, I can name AT LEAST twelve different families who would be perfectly willing to take my family (me + my husband + 3 kids) in -- for as long as necessary -- and feed, clothe, and take care of us until we got back on our feet again.

That's 12 different families I KNOW would welcome us into their houses, at any time, for whatever reason. Including 1 family who lived with *us* for about 3 months when *they* were going through hard times.

So... yeah, we'd be fine. Because our friends would take care of us.

That's just how it goes, for people who've spent a whole
    lifetime giving and building friendships. When you *do* need to ask for something... there's plenty of people willing to offer it.

It makes me sad that no one else in the comments has said anything about depending on their friends! ):

• UM NO.

• Yes. My entire life. Go off grid, live at my own pace, feed myself, hunt, garden, stay in shape, read old books over and over, write, stare at the night sky. sleep in peace.

• Obviously not

• There's a book by mark sundeen called the man who quit money on Amazon. Maybe it'll tell you how to do it.

• nowdays we need money exactly as we need water and oxygen. if you disagree, please, I'd love to see you try to survive with 0 tools in the wildrness.

• yes, naked and afraid haha

not a life that id be interested in living though. money is pretty essential in todays society

• No because you need money to buy things even if you have very little you still need money to buy some things

• no I have medication that I need to be able to function

• I don't think I can survive without money.

• No, I can't. I need money to pay my study fees, internet to do my assignments, buy clothes and survive.

• No. You need money to own a decent home, food, electricity, water and other supplies.

What Guys Said 8

• That's impossible I'd die in 3 days because I need to buy bread

• I've surivived with very little of it for as long as I can remember so probably.

• Yes, I could survive without money. How long, probably 50 maybe 60 years. Obviously without modern medicine diseases would be much more deadly, but other than that my survival skills aren't to shabby.

• sure, but it will be a shitty life

• no. because i need money for almost everything

• Well, playing sims i kinda can yes... but i don't wish that life for me...

• Not with humans.
    We needs a barter system for trading.

• No, not in the USA.