Do you let your pride and stubbornness get the best of you?

I do a lot of times and I won't give in no matter what. I know it can be a bad thing but I have a mix of pride and stubbornness which kills me.

Pride

a feeling of self-respect and personal worth

Stubbornness

the trait of being difficult to handle or overcome

the trait of being hard to influence or control

Most Helpful Guy

• Being stubborn isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm stubborn and I'm called it all the time. Stubborn > Naive. It's better to be a leaf firmly latched onto the ground by a large rock then to be a white wall, easily painted any sort of color.

What Guys Said 14

• I actually lack both pride and stubbornness. I am strong willed, but I have a meek and submissive nature.

• That is really good :-)

• I understand! I am a non-confrontational person in general, so I prefer to work things out if the person is really close to me! :)

• Well that's cool! :-)

• Actually, my pride enables me to accomplish great things I think. My ego and fear of failure guarantees my success

• I've gotten better with my stubbornness, you couldn't tell me shit when I was a teen. Pride has never been an issue with me though.

• Oh, I don't let it get "the best of me", my pride and stubbornness are what make me who I am.

• I don't think I have pride, but maybe that is a form of pride and so I have pride :-( I am just a simple guy, nothing special.

I can be stubborn though sometimes

• I try not to let them impair my judgement.

• I try not letting my pride get to me but it's so sensitive

• "Do you let your pride and stubbornness get the best of you?"

Nope.

• stubborness is just dedication, and i have no pride.

• No. I am significantly better than that. Any you.

• No. I have been working on being a lot more humble in the recent year.

• Don't get me wrong I can be humble too but when upset my pride and stubbornness comes in.

• yeah sometimes

• What if I told you that an easy way to control someone is to tell them they are hard to control.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• sometimes it happens yes, but I'm trying to work on that.

• No. I may not always be quick to submit, but I'm not so stubborn to admit being wrong.

• Sometimes! I am learning to let go!

• I try not to, my pride usually doesn't but me being stubborn does. Also, being spiteful doesn't help xD

• It does , i struggled a lot to learn to control myself. The secret is to realize when i am being hard to deal with and i try to relax and to think the why i am being stubborn.

If i find that my reason to being stubborn is stupid i just let it go and apologize

• I do sometimes when I'm wrong. But if I feel like I'm right, I will never shut up. Like my pride is me not really apologizing or something.

Trying to work on it, but it's really hard lol.

• Sometimes. I'm definitely as stubborn as they come.

• I am very much both of those things but I'm also very quick to apologize and back down.

• I do at times and that is a source of regret for me

• I can be very stubborn which can get me into arguments that are silly, pointless and could have easily been avoided. I'm trying to work on it.

• Me and you both I am trying but most of the time it doesn't get me anywhere :-\

• Yes, especially for my principle concepts on life.

• Nop or maybe from time to time