Who do you think is more intelligent?

• Girls
  • Guys

Most Helpful Guy

• The last book I read was on the female brain.

The answer is neither. Both men and women have the same level of intelligence on every aspect (maths, language etc) till puberty. During puberty hormones which are different for men and women which affects different parts of the brain differently for both genders.

This happens till you leave puberty, and when both genders do, the female brain is larger in certain areas then men and smaller then certain areas. This means that Women are more intelligent in some areas and men are more intelligent in other areas.

However, They both have EQUAL OVERALL intelligence.

Men after puberty are found to be better at logical intelligence (maths, engineering etc) while women are better at emotional intelligence and memory (english history psychology etc).

So the answer is both are equal.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can see that several studies have been conducted to find any meaningful results in this regard, but most of them claim that men and women have equal intelligence. Few claim that men are superior, while few others say women are better.

All in all, I think there is no difference. Two sections of the society cannot have exactly same statistics with respect to some property, and a difference so low is far from significant.

Here it is:

en.wikipedia.org/.../Sex_differences_in_psychology

What Guys Said 22

• The ones who don't ask such absurd questions.

• They're both "more" intelligent than the other, on specific subjects. Regardless of how much I know about the female anatomy, I will never be one, and the same can be said for girls. Who is more intelligent? Those who seek to learn, with an open mind, regardless of gender.

• Neither. Now can we please drop this? I don't know about most people here, but I left kindergarten in 1994.

• women because they know what they want some times way before guys do before they get out of there teen years. though some really try harder than others to achieve the goal.

• It's 50/50

• More women are matriculating and graduating universities so I voted for girls

• Men are more concentrated on both sides of the spectrum. Aka there are more male geniuses and more male potatoes.

• Males on average have higher IQ scores but also are more likely to have erratic patterns for IQ meaning there are more retarded males and genius males than retarded females or genius females.

36 year old question answered 22 years ago.

• This question doesn't make any sense, that's what I think.

• I'm pretty sure the average female is slightly smarter than the average guy but there are more male geniuses.

• Neither gender is ''More intelligent''...

• I reckon if more females were in government there would be more world peace and unity... But both genders are just as equal.

• The line between which gender is smarter is decreasing both are as intelligent as each other. But this depending entirley about how you go about defining and measuring 'intelligence'

• both are. but girls are more i think

• Both genders, intelligence is not determined by gender.

• Why do people make these, obviously each gender is going to pick their own.

• Neither. This is stupid.

• Definitely girls, unfortunately for us guys :(

• Americans.

• Generally guys are more intelligent and girls are more book-smart

• Most genuises are men

• To the extent intelligence has a quantifiable meaning the evidence is the average is the same but men are more widely dispersed. That is to say there are more extremely smart and extremely stupid men.

What Girls Said 6

• depends on the person

• Not about the gender... but about the person.

• Generally different types of smartness and perceiving Life. Women are more feelers at most, analytics and deep-thinkers. Men could be more into pratical attitudes and rationals. But it's too General to say; being clever hasn't gender, but the way of thinking may change.

• I don't think its a gender thing. I'd say it's an individual thing regardless of gender

• In my country, most girls attend high level schooling. So academically, girls.

• Lol the majority of the genders picked the same one