Can I get the police involved , to do something about this guy online?

So thers this guy I met online. He was okay at first, then he started rubbing me the wrong way. He talked a lot of shit and would say some offensive things. I met him in person, in walmart and he acted completely different. He seemed nicer and kinda shy. So figured I was the type that try to act all big and bad when you're not face to face with him.

So a day or 2 later, he started saying some really foul things, calling me a slut and staying I need to go ahead and have sex with him. I'm just like wtf? All this happened in a week. I kid you not, I never lead this guy on in any type of way. The conversations weren't sexual. If anything, he was annoying. I stopped talking to him.

We don't live close to each other. And he has never done anything to me in person, but for the last 2 years, he has been harassing me. Every few months, he would send me insulting messages either through text or on what ever dating site I'm on. I keep blocking him but that doesn't work.

i have his picture but I don't know his whole name. Or if his name is even his real name. Would I be able to get the police involved? I'm just tired of this. He WILL NOT leave me alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• The cops have better things to do.
    Just block him.

• thanks for being an asshole

• If you're so concerned with it, then call the cops and see. Who knows? We could all be wrong and they might do something about it.

• Anonymous , if you exposed your private details on internet and then got in a row with someone you made a big error.
      The day there's a physical threat, cops can intervene. Not before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some states don't have laws about online harassment. Other states do. You might want to look into your state laws. You have his number so it wouldn't be hard for them to find him. It wouldn't hurt to just ask the police about it.

What Guys Said 3

• as far as i know the police can only do something when there is physical harassment.

• Why can't you block him? Change your phone number, everything.

• No matter if I change my number, he still harasses me online. He creates new profiles.

• I've done

• Change every single thing you can think of even your email address, because you can find anyone just if you know their email address

• Geezzzz, I said I was sorr... ooh, sorry, I thought you were another girl ;) ;)

I kid, I kid; but I don't know where you live, but in my country the police can't do diddly squat unless the guy does something physical

What Girls Said 3

• I doubt they can do anything, especially if he's not doing this every single day. That's not harassment. Change your number and block him, that's all you can do. It's not like he knows where you live or anything.

• I still count it as harassment if he's been doing this for the past 2 years.

• So I can't ask a question on here before going to police? I wouldn't be going off if you two weren't being so dismissive.

• When did I say not to ask the question? Look, if you can't handle the answers, then you shouldn't ask the question. Either call the cops and shut up. Those are quite literally your only two choices.

• Yeah he is sexually harassing u

• Did you block him for every possible place?

• I did but he'll text me from a different number and create new profiles.