My best friends boyfriend is jealous of me what to do?

My best friends boyfriend hates me (he's the jealous type) it's been really getting on my nerves like I get it I'm a guy hanging out with your girlfriend but we've been best friends for three years and I have NO intention of dating her. I've tried being nice to him but he hates me. I also hangout with her like four times a week but I'm trying to not hang out as much because she really likes him and shit and I don't want to cause a problem with there relationship. When they started dating I just wanted to be friends with him but now he hates me and it sucks. I really don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• there's nothing you can really do, some guys just never get over there insecurities and the girl just ends up dumping all her guy friends over it.
    i had a freind of 7 years she met a guy he was so insecure she just blew me off so she could have that perfect relationship with him being happy with her.

theirs no understanding why girls do that or why some guys are so insecure the girl feels the need to cut off all ties to there best guy friends. but i dont let it bother me because she comes first and i do have ways she can contact me but she hasn't yet lol.

i just chalk it down to a freind that moved on since i can no longer talk to her but i do hope the guy is treating her well.

• Yeah he treats her well but she likes that he's jealous and protective n shit so if she likes him fine with me I don't have to be friends with everyone

• true i agree with that

What Girls Said 3

• hmm... distance yourself from them...

• I'm trying but she's still my best friend and I still wanna hangout

• if you keep on trying to butt in, you'll end up either hurting her or hurting yourself... cause he'll probs tell her sth like 'choose between me and him', so it'll either she'll be losing her boyfriend or you'll be losing a friend

• Just avoid him.
    My best friend's boyfriend gets jealous over me, lol.

• There isn't much you can do about it. Just keep your distance and be there for her when you can. I'm going through it too with my best guy friend. His girlfriend hates me even though we've been best friends for ten years. We could have dated at any time but we never wanted to. I've never been able to understand her jealousy. She is an extremely beautiful woman, and I am plain.

I did try talking to him about it, and he told me that she and I had to work through it. I did try talking to her, but she flipped out on me. So I just give them their space now. I just talk to him when he contacts me. He is happy with her, and I don't want their relationship ruined. We haven't even hung out in a few weeks.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't be a bitch and accept the way it is and step back. Look at it like this: when a male buddy gets a girlfriend you inevitably end up spending just a fraction of the time with him than you used to, so chill man. Also who cares if he hates you, as long as you don't do anything to provoke him it's just his problem and not yours.

• Ur right like I only text her now why cause conflict when you don't need to

• You find out why he is jealous of you, he may feel threatened that you might steal him