Has anyone ever a creepy/interesting paranormal experience?

If you're able to share it I'd like to hear your stories. I'm always trying to be logical when it comes to scary stuff but it is interesting. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• One of my earliest memories? I was three years old, and I felt weird in the middle of the night, so I got out of my bed to walk to my parents room, and crawl in to bed with them.
    At the foot of the bed was an old man, in the type of suit you would picture from the mid 1800s, and a hat. Like a top hat, but a very short top hat. And he was standing there, on my father's side of the bed, watching my father sleep. He turned his head, and watched me enter the room. He kind of nodded to me, the way you would nod at someone in silent greeting as you walked past them on the street, and then walked out the back door that led to the back yard that was in my parents room. Except the door was closed. He walked right through it, and was gone. I went back to bed.

Over a decade later, when I was 15, I was talking to my day. He told me that my mom would wake up during the night sometimes, and had told him she saw someone standing at the foot of his side of the bed, but he vanished before she woke up enough to see him. Then he told me (years before I was born) when camping with some friends in Texas, the trip seemed normal to him, but at the end of the trip he had a friend come over to him and tell him "Larry, someone was looking in your tent every night we were here. I saw him all three nights, and when I saw him, he turned and looked at me, and disappeared."

I asked dad if the guy told him it was an old man in a black suit from the 1800s with a hat, and my father nearly pissed himself. That was exactly how his friend described him. He asked how I knew, and that was when I told him what happened when I was 3. I never told him before that.

Dad has always been freaked out about it, but I remember my memory well. There was nothing malevolent about the situation. Nothing felt wrong or bad. And the ghost acknowledged me, but left otherwise. He is only interested in my dad, and doesn't hurt anything.

What is odd is that, despite the coinciding stories, and my certainty of my memory, I don't believe in ghosts at all. I don't know how to square that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was late so my boyfriend asked me to go home because he was tired. I wasn't ready to leave so I walked over to him to try to convince him to let us stay longer. We were in his parents living room. When all of a sudden the front hall way light flickered, then turned off. It slowly came back on. As it did the every cabinet in the kitchen opened. It was the freakiest them ever.

Another time, when I was little my twin sister and I were at my granparends house waiting for our parents to come pick us up. It was about 10pm when they finally arrived. They made small talk before we headed out to the car. My twin and I froze in confusion when we saw a old man wearing a hat and in a suit
    Sitting on the front bench. When we question everyone who he was? We were shocked with their answer, " who? No one is there."

Then there was this one time I was sitting down stair at my parents house. My parents were out, while my sisters and cousin were all up stairs. All of a sudden I heard something falling. It starting up in the counter of the living room wall and ended right next to the couch I was sitting on. I got to tell the girls to stop horse playing. But they were just watching TV. I asked them if something fell and they said no. We made our way downstairs to see if it happen again. And a crashed came from upstairs. We all went up to see and as we approached the floor of the stairs, in my room a figure stood up. Omg we freaked out and ran downstairs. Nothing. No one came running after us. There was no sounds of running. Nothing. Couple of minus later my parents came home and went to go check. Again nothing. I was later being bothered but bright lights flashing in mt face. I had to cover my mirror to stop anything else from happening. My Aunts said maybe it was a window to the other side.

January my parents dog, Jenna past away. Now we hear her barking and I have seen her from the side of my eyes. And recently my nephew was standing near the laundry area baby talking to nothing and outtingvout his arms as if he wanted someone to pick him up. Later his dad was upstairs by himself and he heard my sister call out to him. She wasn't home. My mother heard laughing in the house. She played it off as kids playing outside or around the neighborhood until later that night the laughing happens again and this time she heard Jenna barking.

Crazy stuff

What Guys Said 15

• I have a couple

I use to work at a old movie theater and there's a lower level and it only two theaters down there. and if use tk work until 1 am. And the light switch for the lights are up stairs in the booth area. so I would have to go up there and turn the lights on first.
    When I clean in there I always feel weird like somine watching me or there someone right behind me. This theater been here for 78 years I beard maybe more.

So anyway I'm swiping and moping make sure everyone has left the bulding. I go further down to the movie screen and the lights cut off complete black in their not dim for the movie just black. I dropped the mop and ran. full speed towards the door which was hard to see because I closed them behind me.

The next day the openers was like why there a mop in here.

I also seen a girl walk in the theater and and I walked after her and she disappeared as soon as the door closed. I opened them and I was like wtf.

At my friend old apartment building we were trying to contact sprits. and we recording and we left the house

• I've heard of a lot of haunted movie theatre stories. It does seem to be a common theme Don't try to contact spirits, it's very dangerous to do and not the sort of thing to get involved in. Thanks for sharing your story.

• I'll post a picture of something and see if u something

• One time when I was 10 or 11 and my little brother was like 4 our parents took us to the cemetery and we were off roaming by ourselves. My brother was hanging around this one gravestone and when I approached him he said "this is Georgina." Sure enough, the name on the grave was Georgina. Yet this was before he knew how to read, and there was nobody else around the cemetery who could have told him what it said. I never told him about this even today because it is creepy and odd.

• Yes. My grandmother came to me after she died at hospital and grasped my figers the way I did when when she was on her death bed. And she kissed my forehead over and over and over like I did when she she was on her death bed. I saw her face behind my closed eyelids, vividly.

I told her she should go. She was embarrassed (or her ghost was). I told her that I was not scared but she should go. "I know you want to be in heaven now" I said.

• Yeah. About 2 years ago, it was Summer and I was on my PC playing some COD with my buddies. It was 3 at night and I decided to go to sleep cause I was tired.
    On my house hallway, where my bedroom is, there is a smaller bathroom and we usually let the light on.
    So, I get in bed, and I get my phone to turn it off and suddenly I hear a "click" (obviously from the light switch) and the light turns off. And I'm in standing there, completely freaked out, in the dark. Alone.

• When I was a child I had really surreal dreams. I could actually feel them, I almost drowned once. My mother once had to wake me up because I was screaming and running around the house, but I was still asleep. No idea if that counts as paranormal though.

Good thing those times are over, those nightmares were horrible to go through with.

• No, but I also like them. Have you ever watched "The Twilight Zone"? It's a classic b&w tv show with those kind of stories made up. Very fun.

• This is going to sound stupid, but multiple times, I've seen like a silhouette of a tall guy wearing a suit and a top hat standing in my hallway. It was never a real person, it was just weird. I need a diaper just talking about it.

• Seems to be a common appearance in this post. There's another story telling of a similar experience with the same description.

• Actually a sad one, the night when my best friend killed herself, a few hours ago i heard a voice in my head saying she'd leave me very soon.

• I have. But I wouldn't like to scare you ;)

• Apart from the shadow man who watched over me one night? nope

• Aww crap... mind giving me a few details? When was this, how tall was the figure, any yellow (probably glowing) eyes, any accompanying purple mist or smoke, any associated nightmares?

• @kingoficeolation I rarely have nightmares, and when I do, I wake myself up. No glowing eyes or anything, just a shadow of a man with a hat

• Ah, good. Not what I was thinking, then.

• no, because I don't believe in paranormal stuff

• nope never had, and i hope i never have any

• I slept and saw fireworks coming off in my head.

• No. That stuff is bullshit.

• creating thunderstorms
    surviving heart attacks
    etc.

What Girls Said 5

• Well there was this time when i was in my bed at night watching the curtains moving due to a strong wind that night, while i was looking the curtain started to raise, as if someone was getting through the window. I just stay frozen in fear and watched how the curtain returned to its normal position. I remember that i thought it was just the wind and closed my eyes to try to go back to sleep. Suddenly a voice spoke to me and i opened my eyes, there was a black figure next to my bed, looking at me and continued talking to me. I dont clearly remember what it said to me but i do remember the last part He said " the lightning will fall when you wake up"

I opened my eyes and realized that it was just a dream but then in less than five seconds after that i had woken up a lightning struck the telephone post outside my house.

• Lightning had probably already stricken nearby, and, hearing this, you incorporated it into the dream. These are known as vigilant dreams.

• @kingoficeolation well i remember clearly that i woke up and looked at the clock, then hear and saw the flash of the lightning. I got another experience last year (lol this will be my confessionary) i was dreaming that i was in somewhat outside a metro station and people were getting in and getting out and i was just outside watching, it seemed like i knew them all cuz all of them felt familiar. Then someone aproaches me and tell me why i dont get into the train and i said that i was waiting for someone, we continued to chatting when a black body with white beard and white longhair walk to us. We say hello to each other ad he asks me same question, why i am not boarding the metro?, I tell him that i dont feel ready yet, then we start chatting (cant remember of what) what i remember is he asked me " if i had read pyromedes book?" I said no, and he said i should read it when i had the chance, the dream continued not for so long and i woke up. The first thing i did was google "pyromedes"

• And it directed me to an old philosophy forum, to a user name named pyromedes. He only had a post in that forum and he talked about the purpose to trying to find an answer to all the questions about our origins and what if the answer is not that important and maybe we will be dissapointed with it and we just wasted our time finding out

• i have! but its late and i alone in my room i dont know if i should share it and also i dont know if its a good idea to read the comments

• I took some pictures in the cemetery once where my grandparents are buried, and there were some very strange images in one of the photos. In one of them you can very clearly see a large black lion, and in a corner if that same photo there is a serpent or snake of some sort.

• Yes. When my son was 3-4 he woke up one night crying. I went to his bedroom to see whats going on and he kept staring at the wall. At that time i didn't pay much attention i though he just had a bad dream. So i calmed him down and then asked him why he was crying. He said that "the lady" scared him. I said what lady and he show me at that part of the wall were he was staring earlier. I said there is no lady there but he kept pointing and persisting that the scary lady is there. It maybe was just childrens imagination i dont know but it freaked me out

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more