Am I Being Selfish For Doing This?

My Family struggles financially. I'm talking were barely able to pay for a shopping trip and with a family of 4 that's a challenge. Were behind on about 3 weeks rent and we pay rent every Friday with about $500. This puts huge stress on us financially, combined with electricity, water etc. Not to mention my school... It's a private catholic school and it's expensive (although not the most expensive one where I live) and I dread having to leave. I'm only 15 turning 16 and maybe its just me being a teenager but for the life of me I do not want to leave this school. My mother is the only one who has a (semi) steady income and that's BARELY enough for two people, my father is useless in the money department (he's an alcoholic on top of everything) and my brother doesn't help in any way. I have a job at mcdonalds which earns me about $10.30 an hour but i only work about (i'm only in training) 2 shifts a week, 3 hours long and whatever money I do earn I give to my mum for the rent and when I turn 16 I will earn $14.50 which I will also give my mum. Is it selfish of me to want to desperately continue my schooling in the school i'm currently in? I mean, I can't even afford glasses (that I also desperately need) and I want to stay in this expensive school? I have friends which I've been with for 10 years in this school and I have plans in the future with them. I'm scared that if I move I will be isolated in this new school since I will be in yr 10, and as everyone knows, by senior school most schools already have their groups. Any advice is much appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to leave private school, and go to a public one. Unless you pay for your own tuition, with your own money and not your parent's money.

Most Helpful Girl

• Does your school or parish have a scholarship program?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• It's not about being selfish which you're not. It's scary moving to a new school and leaving your friends behind. But it'll be ok. You're tough and will be just fine.