How do I avoid giving someone a lift?

Someone at work may ask me for a lift but I really don't want to and I need an excuse.
Reasons are because it's a hella out of my way and the person is really irritating.

Please help
if you knew this person you would understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• just tell that person that im in a hurry i have to go somewhere important. so i can't

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him/her your insurance does not cover extra persons during work-home transport.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd just charge them money and favors for the ride.

• They won't even pay for a taxi so they're just wanting a free ride 😒

• Is this a one-time thing?

• No that's the thing😣 It could be on many more days cause they cannot drive for a while

• Well, then the thing to do is buck up and forget the excuses - say, sorry, but that would be very inconvenient for me so you are going to have to find another means of transportation.

• Yes I think I may do this

What Girls Said 3

• tell the person that you have to drive a long way after working hours and that you're going in the opposite direction (that you normally go) ;)

• Just tell them it's too far of a drive for you.

• They know where I live but it's just out of my way cause I know another direction

• Then tell them you just don't want to. That's their problem. They should have a reliable ride.

• Tell them you've got plans and can't. Yes everyday plans after work.