Have you voted for your country's leaders?

The thing is, I haven't voted before. As a citizen, I love the idea of Mr. Duterte being our 16th Philippine president and he will have his inauguration this June.

https://i.onthe.io/0fgjhs3plnnac1nbs.0897a40f.jpg

If you have voted previously, have you felt like change was coming?

If you haven't, why haven't you voted?

For all, have you been delighted with the inaugurated winners?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in the USA and I can honestly say that i ALWAYS vote in every election, especially being a black American. I don't take that right for granted, seeing that my ancestors fought so hard for black Americans to have it.

• I see. That's good to hear.
      You're right about not taking that right for granted and it shouldn't be taken for granted at all costs.
      Your patriotism has restored my faith in voting. 😊

• Excellent, make sure to do some research about who you are voting for! Voting shouldn't be taken lightly?

• *taken lightly!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• I have once and it was a waste of time and a disappointment because it turned out he was exactly like every single other politican and because in america a persons vote doesn't actually count (well technicly only about 80% of votes don't count thanks to us being a republic with an electoral college that votes for "us"). Change occures through the society not governmental policy.

• "Change occures through the society not governmental policy."

This makes sense to some degree.

• Well what can a politician do honestly? Can they make you raise your children to be moral people? No. Can they convince you that being generous and helping your community instead of being out only for yourself is the best thing for everybody not just you? No. The best a politican can do is create an enviroment that allows these things to occur naturally, basicly they can be a reffere ensuring that no major company can come in and destroy the balance or make sure that the government doesn't get so overpowered or over burdened with systems designed to make things better because the people themselves don't want to be responsible for it. So the majority of change has to come from the society itself not governmental policies. Thats not to say government isn't worth while, as I said they have a very important function but its one of limited ability because they moment they are forced to do more it causes an inbalance and thus more problems.

• We haven't any leaders, only more well-informed followers.

• They are just puppets for big corporations/interests. It's a waste of time as I haven't ever seen anyone worth voting for.

http://i.imgur.com/GYt2baX.jpg

• I didn't... I did not trust her, but I didn't trust the loser either. So I voted for nobody. I was right, she's going through an impeachment process.

• She must've been deceitful enough if her final resort is impeachment. I hope the trials will be successful for her to be finally impeached.

• The president before her, her and her party, all of them are fucking liars alongside almost all of our politicians. After her impeachment everyone should be impeached as well. At least her impeachment is a start.

• Yes, I haved voted for John Key twice now and this year is election year again.

• No and I never will. Our founding fathers warned us about the 2 party system that you see today and told us that it'll contribute to the downfall of this country. So after being advised about that, how can I possibly, in my right mind, go out and support these 2 disgusting parties?

• we don't vote here for our leader but for a party and the biggest party we give us our next leader. I haven't voted for the party of our currect leader but I am not totally against him

• I see.
      I haven't heard of that voting system before but it sounds interesting.
      Parties elected here don't go with that process.

• Same system in Canada

• Election is tomorrow. I may not even vote. Dumbocrats and Greedublicans have a lock on this country and there really isn't much choice. Sad but there doesn't seem to be any rational, thoughtful people running for office.

• I voted for Bernie Sanders in the preliminaries. But seeing as he isn't going to make it, I am switching to Hillary Clinton, just so I can block Donald Trump and his bigotry from entering the White House.

• Yes. Like Trump, Duterte is scary... and desperately needed.

• He is intimidating, yes but I am certain that trait of his will also intimidate the criminals in the Philippines. We do need him, to be honest.

• Yes I voted, but not for the current administration.

• Nah. 90% of politicians are manipulative, narcissistic , power-hungry bastards and id never vote for them. Unless maybe if i know them personally and they are cool.

• I don't vote, I prefer being surprised to picking my poison. Makes life a bit more exciting.

• Yes, I have.

• nope, not many did lol

• Nope filler.

• wait, isn't that the guy who wants to give police the ability to shoot people resisting arrest

• The dude is worse than trump

• Well, he is still better than Ms. Marcos,
      Fucker should have been hung

• uhm... Duterte is a strong political ally to the Marcoses

• I've voted in off-year elections. This year is my first time voting for POTUS.

• Those off-year elections might've been good experiences.

• no, every time political parties make a coalition here and they same parties stay in power.

• I voted for one of the other 5 alliances that has lost.

• not yet

• I didn't happen yet in my country :D

• It's my right~

• Yes buttt politics in Egypt :
    Two candidates
    One who's meh
    And the other one IS A BIG ABSOLUTE NOO
    So all the elections are easily predicted and egypts politics is different and weird to understand it needs special people to undertake it lmao

• non voters should keep their mouth shut.

• Those that don't vote are the first one's to haler when things don't go the way they want them to.

• ye i already voted for obama

• In my case it's also been for 999 others since in a second vote, one of the two now leading parties let it's members vote who every 1000th inhabitant belonged to.

What Girls Said 19

• No, my country's leader is an old dinosaur.
    Like almost 90. He's diplomatic though, it's not that horrible but I preferred Marzouki, he's very intellectual ( wrote many books, speaks Arabic, French and English perfectly, is a professor and Doctor...) younger, and a true activist since he was exiled for opposing the ex dictator.

• Exiled? It's undesirable to hear that. It sounds like he isn't worthy to be exiled because he sounded like a good leader.

• He's not exiled anymore, he was the first elected president of Tunisia, I wanted him to get reelected but he wasn't ://

• I did vote, but , unfortunately, for someone other than our prime minister.

• I'm too young to vote, but I was hoping that Johannis will win, which he did. :p
    The city elections got sh*tty results though. :/

• Me too, I'm too young to vote as well. I feel sorry for those shitty results, though. 😞

• That's a mesmerizing aerial view of your city's castle. Hope your city gets it back!! Those cascades of green are simply... wow 😍

An army owning a castle? I thought monarchs own castles, or can I be wrong and this is an exception in your place?

• It's "cetate" (I don't know the proper word in English :/ ) and it's used for defense, not for living, this is why it's owned by the army (and because it's in a really good state).

• Yeah for the first time this year and I'll soon have to do it once again when it narrows down to the final two.

• This year is the first year I can vote. And the candidates are shitty. Of course.

• I think these shitty candidates need not to be voted. I'd rather not take part in the elections, if I were you.

• if you care, you'd vote. it's that simple.

how does a not gonna bother voting mentality become popular? do you just go.,.. "meh... i'll deal w/ whatever happens in the next 4 years."

voting for a candidate doesn't mean you support them. that would be a nomination.

• @orphan That is an eye-opening perspective 😊

• Don't trust non of thoes %&#$^$* m#%#$^%f@^$^s !!! You want my vote? You pay me thaan I'll vote for You, any other way I don't give a shit about You /)(&^%$$@#! programs !

I told everybody that ask me that question, the day a politic comes and tells me " I just want to get my hands on this country money and I don't give a f@$#& about You and what You need" and smiles to me? Hell Yeah I'm gonna vote for that guy. I'll even help him with the campaign!

• Yes, I voted. No, I did not vote for Pres. Duterte although I do respect him only because he is now our country's leader. Do I agree with his policies? Yes, with some of them. Am I vehemently opposed to some of his policies? Yes, fiercely so, but I do hope his presidency does good for the Philippines.

• I am just so appalled to his habit of cussing whenever he's exposed in media. Do you still remember how flippant he turned out to be when he cursed at Pope Francis? However, I am in favor of his curfew policy and his so-called 911 emergency system for the Philippines. I hope that'll happen ☺
      Ms. Defensor-Santiago was my bet... and was the choice of the majority of the Filipino youth. Most of my classmates rooted for her. I admired her so much. Too bad I am still a minor.
      A formal inauguration hasn't been held as of now but a Duterte presidency doesn't sound bad to me.

• Cut ties with the UN? To me, that means isolation and I despise isolation from the world. Shame on him somehow because through UN, our country has received help from many foreign countries especially when Yolanda struck on 2013. That's impossible; that can't happen ever so easily. What about the reinforcement "agreement" established by Obama and Aquino against China's territorial claims over OUR OWN PHILIPPINE islets, Ayungin and Scarborough? Ties with the USA has been a great help in our forces; we can't deny that. Ties with Australia has helped us too through AusAid-- funding of construction in very rural areas. In real life, we're so accustomed to a society that'll choose McDonald's, Starbucks, Coke, Colgate, Krispy Kreme, and many more foreign businesses over our local Jollibee, Bench, Penshoppe etc!

I don't envision that transfer of authority because it's unconstitutional. Three to six months for "change" is NOT attainable. That's sounds too Utopian to me.

• Well that's what our President Duterte has said or threatened to do. He even said if congress tries to impeach him, he'll disband congress... so yeah.. All we can do is stand by and hope that everything that will happen will end up for the good of the Philippines. Yup 3-6 months is too short to tackle the corruption problem in our country... That's why lets just hope his promise isn't kept. I also hope that he doesn't change our government to a federal one since that will further isolate the Muslim run provinces in Mindanao from the rest of the Phil and promote a division amongst the provinces.

• yes, I have, but I won't again. waste of time. politicians are all liars and do the complete opposite of what they promise to get in their positions.

• No. The voting dates are in Mid July I think

• Not the legal age, yet... :)

• Nope because majority of the people who ever run for that are idiots.

• Nope. When we had elections i was not 18.

• Only once.

• yes I have not that it does much good

• No I was a minor when the last election took place. 2017, here I come.

• Not yet

• I voted against them and my candidates didn't get in :(

• No, but thats because I was too young... but I will this year!

• I have and I will this coming election