Do you think it's possible for a human to live a fulfilling or at least decent life without any significant relationships?

Updates:
No friendships no courtships no family relationships no romantic relationships. No significant professional relationships. No relationships.

0|0
8|14

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so, no. Though this question leaves room for interpretation. I think you mean HUMAN relationships, because a lot of people will be like they have a significant relationship with God and so they can rely on their faith when nothing else.

But for me personally I believe that humans are inherently social creatures and really do need each other in order to live life.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• initially i figured this was just romantic relationships and i was goign to say yes i think so

but no significant relationships of any kind? i kind of don't think so... but then again it seems like there is an example of just about everything on earth so i guess it's possible

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• If you distract yourself with some kind of cause. But you'll probably be bitter and sarcastic by the time you're my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I think that's a miserable existence. I really think life is all about the friendships and relationships you build.

0|0
    0|0
  • no friendships either?

0|1
    0|0
    • no friendships either.

• I guess it depends on what that person thinks is a fulfilling life.

• no, you would nutz.

0|0
    0|0
  • fulfilling no
    decent yes sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's possible. Humans were created as companions. Everybody wants needs relationships in their life, not necessarily romantic. A good friendship is key to a happy life. Family is important, but I understand that not everybody has a family, or might have a crazy family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps. I am sure that their is someone out their that would work for but I don't think that would work for very man.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Possible but not likely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like, romantic ones?

Sure. Monks do it all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how happy they were, but some very influential scientists, authors and artists might fit that description.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's kinda our purpose to reproduce, but then again advancing technology is cool too.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    Humans need interpersonal connections to live a fulfilling life.
    In fact, isolation is the leading cause of mental deterioration.

0|0
    0|0
    • i think isolation is the leading cause of genius. or at least reduced stupidity.

• Show All
    • ah yes but is it significant?

• Any connection is significant to humans. That's why talking to strangers on the net, who's very being is questionable (could be a computer) is still important for some, enough to have flame wars. lol.

• Define 'significance'. You need some relationships but I have very superficial relationships. I prefer work relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yes. What?

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i think its possible, specially if your a introvert

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible? Yes. However, research shows us that people who live coupled have higher levels of life satisfaction, in self reporting. Coupled people also live longer and have fewer illnesses.

0|0
    0|0
    • house cats live longer too. they're a ball of fur with a broken spirit but they live longer sure.

• Sure, there are a lot of people mentally damaged that may feel fulfilled in that reality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • ask MGTOW guus they are experts on this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm heading down that path...

0|0
    0|0