Do you remember what you did as a toddler?

I have little recollection of the time I was 1-4 years old. I was told by others that sometimes I was very mean to my male cousin who is only younger than me by 4 months.

For some unknown reason, I only acted out and was mean to him and he would start crying. At the time, I was also bigger than him. Things I would do to him at that age according to others... I really don't remember:

- Cover his face with powder
- Bit his arm on two different occasions
- My mother had to pull me away from him as I started scratching his face
- Messed up all his toys, etc.

Ironically, we got along great over the following years. By now he outgrew me by a lot. I'm no longer that vicious little girl and he's not longer a crier. He remembers some but I don't. Can't believe I did those things to him at the time.

I'm not the total opposite of what I was as a toddler.
**I'm the total opposite of what I was as a toddler.

Most Helpful Guy

• I practically don't remember anything below the age of 5. And if I remember something, it's only very fragmented.
    In addition - and this is the case for everyone, not just me - it's extremely hard to distinguish between true memories and memories our brains pretend to have after we've seen certain photos or home videos or we've heard our parents talk about stuff. For example I always thought to have a certain memory until I thought about it for a long time and had a talk with my mom and realized that my "memory" was simply based on a photo I had seen and without that, I wouldn't have remembered that particular occasion.
    Psychologically speaking, it's almost impossible to have memories from below the age of 3 because babies don't have a consciousness or self-awareness like adults do. Their way of experiencing the world is similar to how animals experience the world. For example they might feel hunger or fear or love but they're not capable of reflecting upon these feelings. This consciousness and self-awareness only sets in somewhere between the second and third birthday.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aw, you were so mean as a toddler.

I don't remember anything about that time. Apparently, I wasn't interested in my little sister and didn't like playing in dirt/getting dirty. And I loved juice. And stopped eating fruit around then, something I still refuse to eat.

lol @ that first update XD *we all cower in fear*

What Guys Said 2

• only very fragmented memories. i know what my potty chair looked like and some other very vague things. it doesn´t go beyond the age of 2 though.

• Well... all i remember is i used to pee in my pant at night... and in the morning i used to wonder where the water came from... LMAO

What Girls Said 10

• I grew up with two boy cousins around my age and I remember we all were mean to each other. We would hit, kick, bite, and throw things at each other. Since My 2 year old cousin was younger my 4 year old cousin and I ( at 3 ) would pick on him and call him a stupid loser until he was in tears. I picked on him because I was older and thought I was cooler. The both of them would also gang up on me though and throw sticks at me. They would pull my hair and steal my Hats. Now we are as close as can be I'm helping my older cousin start up his business and I'm there for all my younger cousins games. The both of them are constantly trying to fix me up with their friends and we always have each others backs. We call each other brother and sister. We still pick on each other and bicker but that's normal.

• Yes, Certain things Come to My Mind...
    I Recall and All that when I was four years old, Being scared of these "Pink Curtains" that Hung in my Bedroom. My Middle sibling and Myself were Always so Frightened of these Curtains, Believing these were Moving around whenever we would go to Bed.. We had this in our own Head.
    It's funny how we can Remember Some things, Good or Bad, when we are Small and All.
    However, the Good part is, I Remember at Six when I would go "Visit" God in his own Home Up Above.
    Good luck and Great question here, dear. xx

• I remember being locked out of my parents bedroom for one night and having to sleep in my grandparents bedroom XD

• I remember one thing from being a toddler without the help of home videos or family

• I do remember things I did here and there, but not a lot. My main memory is hunting for Easter eggs and then chucking them at my grandfather, one hitting his head hard with a thud. I remember giggling my butt off at that.

• The only memory I have from that age is moving from my old house. I remember my parents taking things up from the basement but that's it.

But I know what my parents and relatives have told me but they're not memories of my own.

• yes there are things I remember

• I just remember I used to spent time in the mud.

• I toddled

• I think most people would cry if someone attacked them like that, especially a toddler.

• Yeah. I was a toddler myself when I would attack him like that. I really had no idea I acted like that with my cousin during our very, very early years.

During the next years (ages 5+), I eventually mellow down and we got along. If they wouldn't have told me that short story, I would have thought we always got along. I still can't believe I did that to him at the time.