Do you show your scars in public?

Not "show" as in running around and revealing them to everyone, but more like wearing less clothing, which allows people to see it. This question is about people who have self-harmed, and also about those who have surgical scars and other injuries. Which type of scars do you have, and do you feel comfortable allowing people to see it?

... I ask this because I used to self-harm in middle school, and I still have scars on my arm. I stopped doing it because I want them to heal. If you saw someone with scars, what would you do? Bully them, say nothing, or point it out but don't comment on it? The weather is heating up and I want to be able to leave my house without a sweaty jacket on. Should I?

• No, I do not.
  • Yes, my self-harm scars.
  • Yes, my surgical scars.
  • I don't have any scars.
Surgical also counts as "other" (some other scar)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a surgical scar that goes from about half way up my neck all the way down to my pelvis, and it wraps around my ribs on the right side, and I have a couple of small surgical scars on my chest. I'm not self-conscious about them but I always cover them up unless I'm swimming

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a lot of scars and stretch marks so it's difficult to not show them at some point or another. Don't be ashamed, you're a survivor. I would never bully someone for their self harm scars, I think the world needs to be a little more understanding.

What Guys Said 4

• I have 7 all on my head. Unbelievably they hardly show. There's 2 in my left eyebrow, 2 under my chin, 1 on top of my head, 1 on the back of my head & one across my tongue. Oh & I knocked out tooth 12. That's why it's CrAzY up there.

• I'm not ashamed by my past decisions.

• I have a 2 inch surgical scar near my collarbone and most of the time it doesn't show because I have a shirt one. Sometimes depending on the shirt it shows and I don't care if it's noticeable or not.

• Having scars on my face, I don't really have a choice in this matter. Well, unless I become a ninja.

What Girls Said 2

• I just have scars in general from just accidents and such, I do have friends that have self harm scars and they show them not off necessarily but they don't let it alter what they wear, and thats just that they're scars, they're part of your past and you can't change that, and thats okay.

• I have scars but not from surgery or self harm

• I meant to put that down too

• Oh. In which case yes. One is on my hand so I can't really avoid it.
      Another is on my foot but that one is so small no one notices.
      The other one is on the back of my left leg. That one is kinda big, but I still wear shorts