How do I combat all of these negative thoughts and feelings? PLEASE read my story first thank you?

I'm 17 and I've struggling with loneliness. I've beaten the depression but I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm alone! All of my friends are busy with they're girlfriends and hobbies I can't really take part in (driving out of town etc). Anyway whenever I think about the fact I'm alone all of my memories flow into my head. Memories of being bullied, told I was ugly, teachers being mean for no reason, girls rejecting me laughing at me, and the big one, all my friends ignoring me for relationships. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm lesser than everyone else can someone help me?

Most Helpful Girl

• As much as you might not believe me, most people feel this way at some point in their life and very often in teen years.

I do know that exact feeling though, the existential loneliness that feels like a black hole in your chest. You can even feel that hole when you are in the middle of a party surrounded by friends. You can distract yourself from it for periods of time. When you are busy or focusing on other things. Once you are alone the feeling creeps back in.

As time goes on you will see that the feeling can be covered up with food, sex, drugs, drinking etc, but you can't get rid of it. It take time, age, confidence, and a lot of work to learn to love and respect yourself. That's the only thing I've ever seen to truly lessen the hole.

Just know that as you feel as you suffer alone there are millions of other people feeling just as alone. Reach out we are everywhere.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's any consolation, you are not alone in feeling this way. Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you. If I had a gun to my head I would tell you to do something to distract yourself from these thoughts. A hobby you are passionate about or something.

What Girls Said 1

• Hang out in a big city with a lot of people and things going on, that kills loneliness quickly

What Guys Said 0