Dog owners, do dogs actually behave like an alarm clock?

this video was very funny. but was it a fake?

Most Helpful Guy

• My dogs somehow wake up at almost exactly 5AM each morning to go outside and piss/poo. That wakes my parents up lol. My dogs don't do it as cute as the video, but considering they are great danes, jumping on a person would probably hurt xD

Instead they just walk around on wood flooring, pacing/yawning/whining, and their nails click on the ground loudly. Then, when they see someone actually get up, they go to the door to be let out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not fake! My 85 pound dog stares at me in the morning and attacks me with kisses while we're cuddling in the morning. As soon as he here's someone wake up he wants to get up and go for a walk or run.

• maybe I need one like yours, I don't even hear normal alarm clocks. it's also nice to wake up like that

• You do need one Lol! It always makes me have a great day; he's currently laying down with his head on my shoulder.

What Guys Said 12

• Not to me, cause my parents always wake up first, but it happens on holidays (or weekends, when we all sleep a bit more), she releases small barks (don't know the word, but it's like a cry for attention), and it's not even for being hungry on anything.

• It wants to play probably

• Just noticed that it's weird to treat an animal by "it". We don't have that word in Portuguese, it's always he or she.

• she gets bored! she's a female so 'she' is fine

• Lmao not all dogs, my bulldog slept through thunderstorms and fireworks. We had to wake the lazy lump up and even then he'd fake sleep for another couple of mins before actually getting up.

• I thought dogs were sensitive to noise!

• xD most of them are yeah, ours could hear perfectly fine but he was literally like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• My dog never wakes me up, I have to haul him out from beneath the covers every morning. it is my cat that is the alarm clock... sometimes a couple hours too early!

http://i.imgur.com/8FEB5S6.jpg?1

• is that your dog? and how come you have both a dog and a cat?

• in greek we have a saying 'they are behaving like a cat with a dog', there is a huge misunderstanding going on :p

• hahaha that is about right... my dog always wants to play with other cats because that is what he grew up doing. The cat is similar. I wake up and the cat and dog can be lying together and the cat is cleaning my dog and the dog could care less, yet if another cat comes up to my door, my cat can't stand them! LOL

• I think all animals have a biological clock. I get up the same time everyday and don't use an alarm clock.

• so you also sleep at the same time? I sleep and wake up at random times. I think dogs were the same

• No I don't always go to sleep at the same time... but almost always get up at the same time. I usually have a tough time sleeping anyway.

• Yesss mine use to. He use to get me up by layomg on top of mg stomach and kiss me. Now he's gomna be 12 and lazy so he just sleeps all day anyway basically lol.

• Yes they do...

• Well they'll wake you up when THEY want you to be up. Whether it's to feed them, give them attention, or for them to go to the bathroom.

• This little guy used to lick my hand which was drooping from the bed at 5 am sharp. And that's the time I usually want to wake up at. Fucking illuminati husky.

• Most dogs wake up at almost the same time every morning to go out and they'll wake you up too so they kind of are like a alarm clock

• Yeah that bullshit never happens 😂😂😂

• My dog just sleeps his life away, such a bum.

• Ugh... my dog wakes me up 15 mins early every single day... but I love him he's adorable

What Girls Said 8

• My dog sleeps in a separate room from me most of the time, but on the rare occasions we do share a bed, yes she wakes me up bright and early to go potty lol.

• My cats have rituals. If you don't feed them by 7am, the orange one will sit next to you and paw the covers off your face. And he'll even lightly bite you to wake you up. The black one will nudge his hand against your hand repeatedly to wake you up.

• I wouldn't know because my dog never sleeps in my room and neither has access to it but she freaks out to greet me every morning when I come downstairs. She's the cutest lol

• I believe so although the second to last one was fake seeing that the person used a laser which they know the dog would chase and step all over the owners body.

• Yes! My dog, a miniature schnauzer, jumps on my bed and rests her stomach on my face! If that doesn't work she starts licking my face, walking all over it, and jumping all over me until I either get up or push her off my bed. Although when I do the latter, she starts barking at me

• My dog wakes up when I wake up

• Lol my dog sleeps even longer than I do hahah

• not really lol