Anxiety around extremely outgoing people?

Does anyone else get anxious around outgoing people? I find that when someone is very extroverted, it makes me even more introverted and my mind kinda just shuts down and I can't think of anything to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have social anxiety, so I normally have anxiety around anyone. However, I've noticed I am more comfortable around extroverted people. I'm usually more anxious around really attractive people too, it doesn't matter if they're male or female.

• What if you were in a group with all extroverted people? Would you still be comfortable around them?

• Usually, the more people, the more I get anxiety. Although if I know each and every person well enough, it's better. I joined a social anxiety help group years ago, and I was so nervous even though everyone had the same disorder as me. Most of my friends are extroverts, and if we all hang out together at the same time, I am fine. One thing about groups, even if people are extroverts is that I usually get interrupted a lot. I think it's just a lack of social skills on my part. I can normally start a conversation, and then everyone talks over me and I end up being the silent one. So I prefer one on one.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah I know exactly how you feel. You can't tell whether they're doing it on purpose or by accident :(

• No. I am outgoing myself so I can handle it.

What you have to do is overcome your fears. Thats the only way you can deal with it. Just do instead of (over-) thinking yourself into not doing.

• Not me.. I could imagine it would be uncomfortable for someone really introverted.

• Happens to many. Even for extroverts, if there is a bigger one in the room then the smaller extrovert gets quiet. I've had this conversation while being in the military and being in different groups. Just don't stress/think about it too much. Say what u gotta say and keep it cool.

• Sometimes but not all the time

• Yes!!! We all do! Everyone! Get over it!

I honestly think that a lot of what these 'socially anxiety' people describe is just normal human experience that they've let get in the way of living their life properly because computers and phones have allowed them to.

We ALLl have to learn social skills! It's always been an acquired skill! Few are blessed with them! It's good to be self conscious it shows that you are conscientious, but you still have to learn basic art of conversation by practicing and meeting people! Why you would let the nerves literally EVERYBODY has around new people debilitate your ability to live properly I have no idea. But I don't believe that you are in a fixed state of helplessness.

If you had to survive out on the streets, with no where to go, (like me) you'd apply killer social skills, and shrewd bartering, pretty quick!

• Na. It doesn't bother me even though I am very much an introvert.

• Really? I become a lot more talkative around outgoing people.

• I had mostly grown out of this when I first entered college but I still feel anxious at times.

• Yes, that applies to me.

• They're over reacting and they want you to over react with them to break the ice ;)

What Girls Said 9

• Hmm, I get overwhelmed if I'm in a group of mostly extroverts, even friends, because I'm not competitive in the talk and would rather leave for some quiet..

And usually, I don't mesh well with certain people and it's an instant things (no judgement or hate) or incompatibility, and usually those people are extroverts.

• Not me, you need to up your confidence levels, you feel inadequate around outgoing people, no need to feel like this, they have problems too it's not like they are super human.

• I get this feeling sometimes. I think it's a case of "sensory overload" and being overwhelmed by them. It's like a feeling that I can't keep up with them and makes me want some space.

• I used to. Because I associated them with bullies since 100% of the people who had bullied me were extroverts.
    Now I actually think they're cool. Now I feel more comfortable around extroverts rather than introverts since there's less chance of awkward ass silences. The more extroverted they are, the more extroverted I become in their company.

• That's normal for an introvert. You have to ease out of that mindset. I had to deal with it when I first got into university.

• It must mean your scared.

• no it actually makes me feel more outgoing.

• I just find them annoying

• Yeah it happens to me all the time.