Is home school good or bad?

though and feeling about home school.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am very, very much against home-schooling. In my opinion, it should be prohibited. I am currently studying to become a teacher (in my country, that's a long road to take) and I find it ridiculous that some parents think they can be teachers just out of nowhere. Just because you've watched a couple of history documentaries doesn't make you a historian, if you know what I mean.

However, having said this, I also understand why home schooling in America is so popular (and in some cases necessary). The US education system is absolutely pathetic for the most part, especially on a high school level. I am speaking here out of experience. When I lived in America, I attended high school and in most classes, the level was much lower than in my country for the same grade. The reason for this is, to a large degree, because the US government doesn't give a rat's ass about education. And the reason for that is because Republicans prefer to block all such expenses and instead waste money on things like wars or tax breaks for rich people... cuz y'know, there's something to gain from it. A 65-year old Republican congressman is not gonna gain anything from providing the kids in his district an A-class education.
    This negligence of education in the US has already created a lot of problems and it will continue to create more problems in the future. One of the reasons education is considered very important in countries like Finland or Switzerland but also in countries like South Korea or Japan is because these nations don't have many natural resources. They have understood that education is THE number one most important resource a country can possibly have. No country can afford to make high school bad and college unaffordable like the US does because the thing you're dealing with is the future of your country/society. This is why personally, I believe home-schooling should be prohibited (or at least very much discouraged) in the US and public schools should receive a significant boost by the government. Unfortunately, this is rather unlikely to happen in the near future.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's good for young children and is dangerous way to risk children's futures. Like I have a friend that I love and am happy she's in my life but she homeschools her children because she doesn't want them learning about *dinosaurs*. I have another friend whose mom homeschooled her until high school and she ended up having to take summer school for 3 years because the "program" her mom had taught from was so behind.

On the other hand my brother goes to school through an online school and it works great for him since he can work at his own pace and there aren't the distractions that he would have at a brick and mortar school. So in some situations homeschooling can be really bad for kid but in others it can be really good.

What Guys Said 8

• It's good and it's bad...

Good:
    -Keeps your child away from learning bad behaviors from other kids at school
    -Keeps your child out of danger if anything were to happen at school.

Bad:
    -It kind of stunts your child's social maturation. One of the biggest things learned in school is social skills. It would be hard to learn that if the child was always home.

• Good for learning. Bad for social skils.

• I never been home-school before, but how the heck they would make any friends and learn how to be social? Also do their parents know how to teach?

• Bad, the most important part of school is the social skills you gain from it, in my opinion.

• It has it's pros and cons.

• Bad, learning social skills is just as vital as history or math.

• Public school is child abuse
    Private school is too expensive

therefore: homeschool

• Bad. No matter how intelligent a parent is, children will simply not receive all of the skills and education they need from a single person. Not to mention the toll it would take on the household for a parent to have to stay home and leave the other to work their ass off - unless of course they are very, very wealthy.

Also, the children will grow up without very many friends, won't learn nearly as many social skills, and will probably become socially awkward introverts. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on this site someday.

What Girls Said 4

• Homeschooling in 2016 isn't the same as it was years ago. There are so many groups that get togeter to do classes together and group activites, you still have prom, sports, field trips, and the education is so much better than public school. There are also many places that offer teacher and class room settings for things like foreign language, drama, so on. It's a great option.

• it has it's pros and cons.

• i did a year of it and its the easiest thing in the world. then i went to college and all of my horrid procrastination habits just got worse. lol i basically spent 3 hours total on school per a week. i prefer to be more challenged tho so it was easy but didn't really prepare you for anything.

• I think it's very bad.