What photography subjects interest you?

Need help deciding on a photography subject to focus on.

• Landmarks (statues, famous locations, etc)
  • Street art (graffitied walls, street people LOL)
  • Nature (pretty self explanatory)
  • People
  • Macro/close-up (gives you a new/closer perspective of everyday things)
  • Food
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• For the past 30 years I've hiked the Appalachian Trail twice annually, and have photographed every last dried stool I've found in my path. It's an impressive collection!

• Damn that's really cool! I think there's a whole museum dedicated to stools so maybe you can contribute haha

• It's been my life's ambition!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not really into photography. But I do like pictures of different cultures and people and also animals. Think NatGeo in Morocco. And great migrations or the Gobi desert.

Not so much food, not into close ups, but maybe street art (though it would get old fast) and landmarks (really dependent on what's being photographed. Beautiful statues are cool.)

• Haha I can't afford to go to Morocco or the Gobi desert XD

• Ohhhh. Hmmm. Ants hosting a great migration with larva in mouth is also cool.

• thanks for mhg, best of luck :)

What Guys Said 16

• definitely nature. followed by landmarks/structures

• I live by the sea at a huge container port. I have amassed a huge collection of photos of all types of marine craft from the biggest container ship in the world down to kayaks and sailboards.

• Street Art and nature. I think the fact that someone made the graffiti from scratch with no visual aid just his imagination is just amazing. I do not like that they are vandalizing though. I also like nature pictures they look awesome

• Boobs lol

• Pretty much everything except food. City scape, landscape, close up, portraits of people on contrasting background, city lights, night sky, birds (nature). So many interesting sights and boundaries to explore to just focus on one.

• Landmarks and Animals and sports

• Nature is too beauteous not to photograph. I can see people, manmade structures, and food anytime, I may only get to visit a state or country once in my lifetime.

• Yes ladies pandas

• in NYC everything is worth taking a photo of

• Lmao how'd you know I was based in nyc

• Yeah I guess that's true but nowadays there's so many people walking around with dslrs that I just feel unoriginal

• I have an old style Minolta which my father got in 1990. I dont even wanna use it

• nature and people and psychedelic art too

• For me, people.

Ideally candid, but portraiture is also fun if the subject is easy to work with.

• Nature and landscapes by far. Especially mountains

• I like all of them exccept food

• general land scape, scenery and people

• Do we need a single photograph more in the world?

War, if anything.

• hot naked girls with big boobs.

• Well that would be the people category but by people I meant more of like a humans of NY type thing

What Girls Said 18

• i LOVE macro. i take pics like that a lot, it's so awesome.
    street art would be good too. same with nature.

• I like photographing nature but I'm getting a little bored of it so I think I'll try swap to something else

• Among your choices, macro/close-up sounds most appealing. It sounds like an eye-opener to me, a perspective changer, and an opportunity to pay attention to the most overlooked things around us.

• people could be an interesting topic
    especially portraits where you can play with the lighting/shadow, facial expressions etc...
    also you can do smthng more abstract.
    I remember my friend took a photography course and they took a glass and started catching the reflection of 2 scneries together.

• Photos that tell a story like a kid with an ice cream, an old lady sitting on a bench, snowfall at a cemetery, a distorted reflection in the water, a bug holding onto a leaf in the rain, a half melted pathetic looking snowman, an ugly scarecrow falling apart, sunlight hitting shattered glass, crazy street people, etc.
    And photos angled cleverly, so something small could look huge, or you could lie on the ground and take the pic from that perspective, or stand somewhere high up for an aerial view

• Vintage photography of objects like a vintage camera, bicycle, ferris wheel, old fashioned car, Eiffle Tower... etc.
    I like pictures of antique objects with the filter of an old quality camera. I prefer it even more if the picture is in pastel colors leaning more towards light pink.

• Nature but I like the people and macro. I do close up nature shots a lot.

• I'm not sure what it's called, but when I was growing up there was this form that I thought was gorgeous. Photographers would take really close up pictures of people in landscapes so that they almost disappeared. They were usually black and white. I've always loved them, but I can't remember the name.

• Nature

• I like nature and cool close up of things.. something we cannot see with naked eye

• Can't go wrong with nature or landmarks.

• I would say nature, followed by people and macro/close up.

• I like to see the whole different variety

• Architectural and cityscapes.

• I love to take pictures of flowers and eyes (obviously)

• Nature and animals.

• Macro/nature