Was I being a bitch?

So I'm a fairly quiet person. I can hold a conversation but in a group of people, i don't usually talk over others or anything like that.

I was was out to dinner with my boyfriend and group of people. During the middle of a conversation, this one guy asks me why I'm so quiet. It was such an awkward moment. Everyone stopped talking and I felt like he put me on the spot.

so I responded with asking him why he talks so much. I wasn't rude or anything, I just asked him straight forward.

Later that night, my boyfriend pulls me aside and tells me that I was being bitchy when I asked the guy why he was so talkative.

I feel like this is a double standard. My boyfriend doesn't call him out on asking me a question about my personality but calls me bitchy for doing the same exact thing.

So my question is, was I being a bitch by asking him essentially the same thing he asked me?

Most Helpful Guy

• No you're not a bitch. I'm also a really quiet person. Fuck anybody who calls you out on it.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think so.

• Not at all hun

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you were. I mean I don't think he meant his question in a rude way perhaps, but your comeback was the exact same as his question really, and I would've laughed probably.
    Obviously tone can change it entirely! And perhaps your tone sounded rude.
    But in all honesty, if your boyfriend doesn't call his friend out on it, or attempt to defend you, but tells you off - then that's not fair. But at least he did it privately.

• It may have had more to do with how you said it than the actual words.