What should I do about college?

I feel like I'm the first person to say this, im dreading going to college. All I hear about from my friends that have all completed their freshman year there is that you have to party and get laid. That's how they make it sound. I've never been good at talking to girls, and I've never been much of a partier, and now I feel like I have to do this. It's causing myself a lot of anxiety as the summer days tick away. I only recently went on break, and I'm already getting nervous. Am I over thinking all of this? Because I feel like I can't really be myself next year, and I feel like I might be over thinking this. It's as if I have to be a different person if I want to "have fun" in college. That's how I feel about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If partying and getting laid aren't your thing, don't do it. You're going to meet new people, find new interests and learn! Obviously, your idea of fun is different from some of your friends. Don't over think it. Do what you want to do. Not everyone goes to college to be party animals. Look at it this way: A person pays to go to college, therefore they should get what they want out of it... when you pay for dinner you don't get a burger if you're a steak kind of person!

• That's a good way of looking at it. Thanks!

• Although I will say that whenever I talk about this with my friends, they act like I'm really weird for saying I'm not that into drinking, or I'm questionable about having drunk sex. They make it seem like doing those things is a right of passage essentially, and that really bothers me. I'm not saying I won't drink or talk to girls, but I don't want to get black out drunk which is apparently what you have to do according to them. It kinda angers me to be honest.

• All you need is a mix of learning and good times that makes you comfortable!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not much a partier either, so I don't go to many parties unless they are hosted by one of my best friends. Just be yourself, Freshman year of College is important so you should just study and try to get straight As

• Yeah I kinda forget that that's the reason you go to college since they rarely talk about classes.