Do you believe in fate?

Do you believe that we have controlled destinies? Are the outcome of our lives determined by fate or does the universe just flow freely with no exact reason for things?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. I do feel some things are fate, but most is choice. Will Smth said it well, "simply decide, this is what I'm gonna do, this is who I'm gonna be. Just make a decision and the universe is gonna get out your way". How far you're willing to get what you want is a bigger determinant than fate. Fate is relinquishing all decision so that it's out of your hands.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we make our own fate, without even realizing it. Like, every single action and decision we make, no matter how big or small, leads us to this exact moment. Kind of like the butterfly effect?

• I feel the same way. Even something as simple as being late for work or forgetting your keys. Could totally have changed you getting hit by a car or something crazy like that.

• Yep, exactly 👌🏼

What Guys Said 27

• There is a sense of fate, scientifically. Reality derives from a fuzzy field of quantum potential that collapses into a stream of information which our brains perceive as the present moment in time. When you look at the universe in an extremely close manner, down to the scale of electrons, things get really uncertain. You may think this is necessarily random, but evidence to the contrary is the fact that there seems to be a consistent framework (the four fundamental forces) which operates in a sophisticated manner still beyond the ability for the world's most renowned physicist to genuinely grasp. The answer to what fate is is hidden within the nature of this quantum cloud of potential. The fact is , humans still have no idea how it all "really works". All we can do is look close and derive a few equations here and there. Perhaps someday we will have a sufficient model with which to help us understand the underlying mechanisms from which fate manifest and relates to our consciousness.

• For something to make sense, you need to understand it. You do not not understand what you're talking about. Just google blog rubbish.

• @Harbor You claim I don't know what I'm talking about yet failed to point out specifically where or how. Lol
      Nice bait

• @Harbor On the other hand if that wasn't a trolling attempt, it is ironic you mention "for something to make sense, you need to understand it". Perhaps you should consider for a moment, the reason it didn't make sense to you is because, quite frankly, you don't understand physics in any sense. :)
      Which is no fault of mine that you are an ultracrepidarian in this matter.

• Not in the sense that we have set destinies or fates like someone is born and there fate is to be a butcher and that's all they will ever do. More like In the sense that we have predetermined paths or roads with in which God would prefer or like us to go down and he guides us down them, if we go down one this and that will happen but if we go down a road we aren't supposed to go down then this and that will happen.

So it's in the sense that each road has a fate but we are not fated to go down a specific road it's a choice and our fate depends on the road we choose.

• Nah, it's choices people make and decide. There's No Fate except that which we make for ourselves. People either do something or they do nothing at all. Just probabilities of things happening, luck perhaps. But I don't see luck as "fate".

• We all have a destiny, a purpose and a reason for being, but we also have the free will to rewrite our destiny and survive with another purpose.

We have our compatible destiny and our optimal destiny. Once you discover your compatible destiny, your life will be easier.

However, if you discover your optimal destiny then you may find yourself always striving to seek out your compatible destiny or you may be content and remain with it.

Free will is the pen and destiny is not necessarily written in stone.

• no i don't think so

• there is no fate but what you make

• Sorry, I thought that said do you believe in fart. But I guess yes to both 🐄💨

• I don't think there's specific fate per individual cuz we have freedom to choose but I think there is an overall plan.

• Sometimes I feel like I have no control over what happens and that I'm only allowed small decisions within my own doing. Just like that movie "The Adjustment Bureau"

• To a degree. I believe in God, and that he gives us free will, not 100% controlling our future. But I do believe in a few things like destiny with love. Everyone has a partner somewhere for them.

• no way. But I do feel say, you were born into a poor family in a poor country, a high percentage , no matter how hard you work or try, you will at most become middle class.

• We are free in our destinies , but our lives is determined by fate , when the time comes for someone to die , its something that prepared to happen , and no universe doesn't flow freely for no reason , God created all that universe for humans,
    and this universe is controlled by several things , Physical , Chemical , and the third one fate.

• No, even in religions there is such a thing as 'free will' so no. A lot of people tend to misunderstand this concept but hey it's not the first time that's happened in history so short answer... No.

• No, if there is such a thing as fate my life wouldn't be so weird

• It's complicated, we have free will, but to god time isn't linear, so what's going to happen, to him, has already happened.

• newp.

• yes i do, and right now, i just want to learn to make peace with my fate.

• I'm starting to.

• I do believe in fate, but I do believe in free choice
    Very paradoxical world we live in

• Maybe, I also believe that our choices matter so that c
    Kinda goes against fate

• only the fate i choose to make :)

• no, i make my own destiny

• often i do

• no such thing as fate.

• I believe we have a combination of both. I believe there is an initial plan for us; but we have the ability to deviate from this plan.. if that makes sense.

• let me ask you something. Have you ever thought we have been living in a computer simulation?

• yes. i rather live my life in ease and comfort believing in magics and determined destiny.. example, were gonna die anyway. Obviously thats a determined destiny. see?

What Girls Said 12

• WOW. Yes.

I've actually posted in several questions about how I believe in fate.

Honestly, there are too many times where things have gone *just* right. Don't believe in coincidences.

Not that I think *EVERYTHING* is fate either.

What is meant to happen, will happen. :}

• The short answer is no, but I'm hypocritical as I have felt at times that there were events that were meant to occur in my life, even if it's just wishful thinking. All-in-all, I feel like my future is what I make it. Not fate.

• Yes, I certainly Do, @Youdoyouboo and Also from The... Hand of God.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• No, I believe our choices dictate the outcome of our lives for the most part, the rest is random and/or the result of other people's choices.

• I think is something in between, life will throw us things to deal with (fate) but how we deal with it and what comes out of it is up to us

• I do believe in fate, I believe you chose some paths in your life but your destination will be similar and "meant to be."

• ya, whatever is meant to happen will happen.

• Nope.
    We create our own lives by our own hands.

• Yes I believe in fate

• Not really, no. As an atheist, I don't believe in anything.

• I don't believe in fate, and I think we can control our deatines

• No, I believe in determinism. The difference is fate is the idea that there's a set end point that everything is leading up to, whereas I see everything as interconnected, as in everything affects everything else, so it's not that there's a fixed end point but everything that has ever happened produces everything that is happening and will happen (and I think possibly vice versa, but that's just an idea I have about how time works)