Sometimes adults need a fairy tale even more than children. What do you think of this quote from O. Roy?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• this is a very awesome quote.

What Girls Said 12

• I think it's true. Fairy tales can be a great way to instill morals in children and to teach them to be brave and confident. Adults need those things as well.

:)

• Absolutely true. Stories teach lessons, and adults dealing with problems NEED the skills they learn from stories far more than kids do. Kids will like the story, but it's unlikely that they'll find themselves in a situation where they can use what they learned from it. Adults will get far not opportunities for that

• Probably correct

As you grow up, you can become more and more disillusioned with life.
    Sometimes we still need to believe in fairytales, in order to survive.

I mean... you should always strive to look for the beauty and magic in life, despite the grief, pain, and ugliness you might have come across with.

Because those, in fact, still exist. Sometimes we just have to look harder for them and keep on believing.

It is a ray of light (hope) when you meet people that make you believe in "magic" again.

• i do agree.

• Yeah cuz adults live in a reality world

• Adults living in real life, with all the problems and harsh reality. So yes a fairy tale can help you escape for a bit , either that is with its literal meaning either with a "fairytale" in your actual life

• Agree, adults have to face everything that happens in reality so at times escaping it helps to keep them sane.

Which is the best part about video games. XD

• I love it. Children have so much hope and think so vibrantly. I think as you get older, you dream and hope less, imagine less. Fairy tales keep that little kid in all of us alive.

• I think it screams the truth and I am looking for my fairy tale

• Reality hits you hard once you're an adult. Therefore you need an from it escape even for a while

• depends... life is what you make of it.

• Not always. There isn't much to make of being in debt and lonely or ill. Those are just hard realities @deenz

• True escapism from their boring or tired stressful lives.

• Kids live a fairy tale life. Their parents create it for them. Adults need it more

What Guys Said 12

• Imagination is more important than knowledge... -Albert Einstein

www.relatably.com/.../...4yjSFYD1rxsdkto1_1280.jpg

• wow

amazing quote

and Einstein was awesome

He said he was the happiest while he played his violin, despite being known mostly for the great scientist that he is. I love that he said that, and I can relate.

• @HookingSwan also playing violin?

• Not as much as I used to.

A big regret of mine. But planning on fixing that. Just gotta go from planning to action. That's the hardest part...

• Sounds typical for most adults in the US. They believe 9/11 was a conspiracy, we never landed on the moon and God talks to the Pope.

• I think that comment is the basis of my life.

• ... That I cannot relate to it and don't understand it whatsoever. Tales won't fix your problems.

• Puerile trash.

• I disagree. If it were so places like this wouldn't exist.

• Children do not become religious without the help of their incompetent parents. Enough said.

• that is the greatest nonsens

• If you learned anything in English class, then you would know that "enough said" does not stand alone as a sentence. You could say "enough HAS BEEN said." and that would be fine. You see, you had a subject, which is the first part, but it's improper sentence structure to reduce the predicate to a single word even for the sake of your crass colloquialism. To conclude, your mind has been blown.😜

• @bottomsup It's informal language. "Nonsens" is not, because it isn't a word.

• Is it a stab at religion?

• Well, I know we need heroes.

• it's pathetic and stupid.

• No they don't.

• You mean by sugarcoating things?