How much do you know about Cyprus?

How much do you know about Cyprus?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know that it's predominantly inhabited by people of either Greek or Turkish ancestry, and that dudes from there seek foreign brides online as a way of getting a visa to be able to immigrate.

• No one really want to immigrate from Cyprus anymore. It's pretty peaceful nowdays. Back in '74 many wanted ti immigrate tho...

• There were dozens of them. Two or three I can see being trolls, but dozens? No.

• Haha that's messed up xD...

Most Helpful Guy

• I know only a few things without checking them out on the internet:

1) It is an island nation in the Eastern Part of the Mediterranean Sea, in between Turkey and Egypt.
    2) It is home to both Greeks who have lived there for a long while, and Turks who started emigrating after WW1 or some time around that;
    3) And as a result, there is some kind of dispute going on there between the two.
    4) I may be wrong on this one but I heard the British or someone else owns a small patch of land there. But I dunno.

• Everything is right, except that the turks invaded cyprus after WW2 (1974). Well done! :)

What Girls Said 2

• i have 2 cousins who r studying there, it's in the Mediterranean, island, where the goddess aphrodite or @afro-dite9 was born

• Depends on why you're asking...:p

• Cuz I'm half cypriot and I would like to know what the world or at least other people know about a little island that is not talked about very much :P

• I've actually talked to Cypriots and I found them quite friendly.
      As for Cyprus, it was under Ottoman control for way too many years. The Ottoman forces massacred many Greeks and Armenians. It was also under control of the British Empire.
      Now it's independent. It is also considered one of the largest islands in the Mediterranean sea, so it's not little at all!

• You know your fair share hahaha :P

What Guys Said 16

• Never been there before.

• Co-worker and I debated if it is am independent country or not. I was right ofc lol

• Copper. The word for copper comes from the Greek kupros, which is the Greek word for the Cyprus. I'm assuming there is/was a whole load of copper there.

• An island divided. Nicosia International Airport is a ghost town.

• turkey has invaded them, they are a greek island. went onto some vacations there, very warm almost never rains. good people i guess.

• There are some beautiful women from there lol

• Α tiny Greek Island with its own Government, once occupied by the British and in the 70's invaded by the Turks who now occupy half of it.

• That there is a greek half and a turkish half

• Nada

• My dad served in raf akrotiri, so a fair amount.

Why?

• Just wondering how much people know of a small island that are not much spoken of...

• The last divided nation in Europe, contested between the Turks and Greeks, great beaches, attractive women, great party scene! Oh and a relative of mine used to live in Nicosia back in the late 70's. Thats all!

• 0|1
    • Holy shit. Lol

• He's Marcos Baghdatis. He's a good player. You have to take into account that not many players have actuallly won any of the 4 major tournaments. You don't have to be the very best to be considered good.

And Marcos Baghdatis once reached the final of the Australian open. It was either 2006 or 2007 from memory. He lost to Roger Federer.
      Even so that's more success than most players who never make it past 3rd and fourth rounds

• True that*

• Hill?

• Can't explain but i know more than average.

• Cyprus... The island who turkey and some others who support them well everybody know who stick his nose everywhere invaded and occupied since 1974...

• I know North Cyprus Turkish Republic

• what you posted here is not the real cyprus map! where is North Cyprus Turkish Republic? it is just your dream

• Emmm... What I posted is Cyprus flag...

• They have their island on its flag which can be misleading, but you're right, on the map you can clearly see where it is devided.