Have you ever experienced unrequited love?

It sounds romantic to love someone with all of your heart and soul, whether or not they love you back. But the reality is very different. The pain of loving someone who doesn’t feel the same way about you can be almost unbearable. I have never experienced it, though.

• Yes
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Possibly, but after looking into it and analyzing it deeply it is more like unrequited infatuation or unrequited physical attraction or unrequited lust, or perhaps unrequited obsession.

But Unrequited Love? I don't really believe in it. You can love something you want to do or something you own. But everyone and everything else? I don't know. Now I feel pretty much indifferent about love. Since I know that everyone and everything is gonna die and cease to exist eventually regardless of whether we love them or not, or whether they loved us or not because "love" is not gonna last forever but those emotional feelings and attachments can still be obsessions and memories that stick around in our brains until the day we're gone from this world. I learned to not get so emotionally attached to anyone but instead to just live for the moment and enjoy whatever this world has to offer for the time being, since our time here is much shorter than it actually seems or than we had realized.

• Dunno if it can be considered love. It clearly was beyond a crush though since it lasted a few years even after not seeing her anymore. Was pretty much my first love.

• Growing up i was taught this was one of the traps you NEVER should fall into, it's a lesson i learned well i guess because it's never happened.

• No. Only unrequited lust. But, I have been the object of unrequited lust and unrequited love.

• Yes and it's miserable.

• It sucks. Especially if you thought they were gonna be your first love at twenty-four.

• ask @Nyriad

• Why/how can you love someone who doesn't care about you the same way?

• Yeah I have

• yeah hurts like a motherfucker

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• Never. It would be terrible and I truly feel sorry any time it's ever happened towards me. But thankfully, I've never experienced that.

• Not love but one of those silly crushes that made me think, "OMG, please God don't let this be love."

And yes it was painful and I am glad I am so over that.

I was so scared I would be stuck in that state but thank God it's gone.

• Well not love.. But I was obsessed with a guy and he married some other girl. It was soul crushing for me I felt absolutely broken. Like I couldn't breathe.
    But that was now
    I now know he was a bad guy. So I'm better off him.
    Time heals wounds, but leaves scars so that u can always be reminded of your stupidity.

• Yup.

• It is THE worst thing EVER and very painful. Hope to never ever feel it again.

• Been having it since January. Its special like i couldnt describe but extremely sad sometimes.

• Yes it's sad. We became friends and I thought he liked me. He treated me special and it felt and probably looked like we were a couple. I fell in love with him and cared so much for him. but months later he started talking about his girlfriend (that he had all along) in every conversation. It was clear he loved her by the way he talked about her. I guess he just saw me as a friend. It got too painful to be around him. He'd say all the fun plans he had for her, things that I would have loved to do. Everything I said would result in a fun fact about her. It broke my heart being around him. Finally I just couldn't handle talking to him anymore.

• I loved this guy for a very long time. I would have done anything for him. He didn't feel the same way mutually though.