What is your reason for living?

Lets talk real existential shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not ready to die yet.

• Why not? Fear of death? Curiosity about the future? Deep down there is a reason.

• Couldn't have said it better.

• Haha! Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I am mighty beyond comprehension, and if I've been blessed as such, it is for one reason and one reason only.. and that is help, and guide others.

What Girls Said 27

• This might be a little long so I'm sorry ahead of time.

Honestly, I used to only live for my brothers, mother and sister. I did try to kill myself once though, and thankfully I am still alive.

I was very depressed so the only reason I waited about 2 years to attempt suicide after I became depressed was so I would still be here for my family.

Currently though, I am still alive for not only my family, even my friends, I'm alive for me. I only had one reason to still be alive, but now I have at LEAST 3, one of them being me and my future.

• Inspirational. I read this story about really intelligent people are suspectible to activist because they understand just how shitty the deal is. Guess we were able to figure out its best to ride it out then just ump back into the void since we will get there eventually anyways.

• My son. He is everything that is good in my life.

I can be having the crappiest day or the crappiest week... we all have those times when we've just had enough... and a cuddle, a smile a laugh, a kiss from him, or even just watching him sleep is all it takes to make it all worth it.

He's my reminder that I can get something right.

• For the immediate, my children.
    For the bigger picture I believe I'm a daughter of God with the ability to live forever and become godlike myself. How's that for existential?

• Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide and watching u guys is pretty much it. I mean really humans have absolutely no use to this planet and in addition their overpopulation and disgusting arrogance and pollution is having devastating effects on nature.
    If all bees would go extinct this planet would die - if all humans would go extinct this planet would actually recover from all the bad they did to it after a while and become better than ever.
    Being human is a truly a reason to be ashamed and I'm not even trolling, I'm dead serious.

• To be honest, I think I'm not living yet. For now, I just exist and breathe.
    So, I haven't found my reason for living.

• How do you feel about empty existence? Are you comfortable with it?

• Yeah sure

• Thanks, I will message you then.

• Improving myself.

• To take over the world 🙊🌎🌏🙋!!

• I live because of the guilt, and I hope for the punishment. My stupid actions will be the thing that kills me.

• Tell me more. You obviously have shit on your mind.

• Lol. I'd rather not, thanks. Not publicly.

• Okay. Well, i like to help and understand people, so you can message me if you'd like. If not, I hope you work that shit out.

• "When you Have your Health, You have Everything."
    Good luck and Good question, @BohicaJoe. xx

• Today? Today it happens to be sex. Tomorrow it might be feeding abandoned stray kittens, finishing the book I'm writing, going camping again or eating one more bag of Fritos. Who knows? I don't have a very long attention span.

• To be happy, to see the good things in the world before its time for me to exit.

• Because my mom popped me out her vagina and had no idea what to do next. 24 years later, here I still am.

• Doing what god ordered us to do... live a good life just with doing his orders and avoiding mistakes... study... love... get a job marry get kids.. raise them just by always being in the right track... being a good living person that want good to the world... then we all going to die... when we die.. if we were good enough... we go to jennah (heaven) ... if we were bad people.. then jahanam (hell) would be our new home.. so as a summary... live the life we want in limits of god.. just to win immortality in Paradise one day... Amiin !

• To be Muersault from "The Stranger"

• Tbh, my reasons change daily.

Sometimes its for the happiness of other people.
    Sometimes it purely to explore and experience my own curiosities about life.
    Sometimes I just don't have any.

• to be happy, and helps my father managing the household and family after my mum passed away, bcoz my mum done everything before this.

• nothing better to do. ;)

• Don't got 1, just a walking dead person at this point

• God.

• hmmmmmmm... don't know lol

• Don't have one. Don't really feel like my life has a purpose or meaning.

• To become a living God

• I don't have a reason

• Don't know how to stop living successfully.

• I was born. I haven't died yet.
    That's pretty much it.

• I want to make the most out of my life. I don't know

• Not sure i have one, im just existing.

What Guys Said 23

• Curiosity.
    I want to know what's going to happen.
    My life is like one of those drama movies except I experience all the stress and its real but there are some really exciting stuff that happen once in a while.

• So this is what I basically think about our existence. There is no reason or purpose to life. We were born and sooner or later we will die. But since we are here we should live our life however we want. We don't get to force other people to live a certain way. We are all free to eat, fuck, marry, drive or whatever else so long as we are not hurting someone else or forcing other people to do things. But as a society there has to be rules. You have to pay taxes, have to have car and health insurance, all the religion and culture and govt are man made to try and make life better for people. And sometimes take control. I want my life to be about enjoyment. I'll do whatever I want and I work at a job so that I can afford to do the things and buy the things I want. What other people do is none of my business. That's it. Life is easy, we humans make it much harder on each other by doing shitty things on each other. But yeah, there is no meaning. bwe are just here and every generation seems to be replaced by the next every 85 in western countries.

• The silly hopefulness that my crush likes me.
    Also the silly hopefulness that I'll eventually find a wife and have kids.

• My reason for living is to serve God and study his word. I'm not truly happy here, but he sent his son here to die for me, so if I committed suicide, it would be like spitting in his face. All I want to do is to please God and hopefully when it's time for me to be judged, I'll be judged favorably.

• it seems my reason to live is to be miserable, hated, ugly, alone, rejected, unloved, limited, and to hurt mentally all the time

• Thats not a reason to live, my friend.

• I bet your one of those guys who find that the only value in life is fucking as many girls as possible. Bro there is so much more in life then that. Eat good food, watching movies you like, playing games you like, going wherever you want.

• Because as far as I know, life is the only reality I am capable of tolerating. What if death is even worse?

• i think my reason for living is just to accomplish as much good as I can and then share it with the world. I'd like to travel and really experience the world, maybe go on a trip with the peace corps or a volunteer group to some adventurous backwoods country I didn't know existed and fight zombie anacondas with a machete... ok so maybe not that last part but I haven't ruled it out yet😄

• My reason is to enjoy life :).

• What brings you enjoyment?

• A ton of things :). I like a lot of entertainment like music , tv shows, books, movies, some viseo games I like beeing on the interner but I also like fresh air nature, swimming in the river playing beachvolleyball traveling. I like good food, I like lying in bed and relaxing, I like the fresh air after it rains. I'm pretty lazy but if I get into it I can achieve a lot. I like the feelingwhen you've finisbhed something and done a good job. I like working in a group the feeling of community. And of course I like girls :) especially cute ones. Sry for writing so much but I couldn't really answer this in a short way :P.

• Survival. I live to not be dead. Woo

• To make a difference to the world.

Im gonna get a PhD, then after that move up in a company. Gonna run for an MP at the same time.

• I was born, therefore, I'm here.

I don't need a special purpose.

• To love and serve God. (I'm Christian)

• It isn't something one reasons.

• Then why did i ask this question?

• Precisely why I didn't want to ask it that way.

• Thus the dilemma. You ask either a nonsense question people mutually agree to read improperly or you all the proper question and get into trouble.

But that's how it goes.

• To eat pizza and poop.

• I think I want to become a god.

• Oh living it's great fun if you can do it right

• my car

• You never know what the next day will bring. And the next day, and the next day...

• I was born, and I havnt been murdered yet so...

• it varies but not between much

• My daughter.

• Save lives and motivate others to be the best version of themselves.

• I really don't know yet. I don't really have a reason and have been contemplating suicide for a few years but I think I'm getting better