Computer help! List at least three antivirus and firewall packages on the Internet and determine the most cost-effective package for 50?

50 workstations? I need to find 3 different brand and find why one is better than the two. So far I found Norton Internet, Mcfee, ZoneAlarm! What do you think? Can you help its for school!

0|0
3|24

Most Helpful Guy

• How about comodo? It's free, and it does the job also it integrates sandboxing. Having an image to restore a PC is far more important then anti-virus in my opinion

You can get a lot of free ani-virus programs these days, what you really want is something that uses the cloud.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/

have a look at this link

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

when it comes down to it, pick the right AV for the job by looking at its features, if you're just trying to prevent malware a free AV will do but If you've got sensitive date then you'll want to think about getting a premium service and taking those extra steps to keep the server secure

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Norton is the worst antivirus in the history of the universe. It's one of the only antiviruses that acts like a virus itself, and it blocks programs that shouldn't be blocked.

Does it have to cost? AVG is a free program that you can use, as well as IObit. Avast is also good.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• I've used Norton at home, and on small networks for more than 20 years, and had really good results!!
    There is a 'Configuration Curve' though, where you have to configure it to run the right things, at the right times, so it doesn't Monopolize your system resources! Never have run it on a network of 50, though!!
    I would assume that if you got the settings configured correctly it would act as if it was a Home system on steroids!!
    I HATE McCrappy, and had mixed results with ZoneAlarm!

1|0
    0|0
  • Panda anti cloud!!! It is a free tool I use and it has literally saved all of my pcs lives! I have it installed on my six pcs and they have been saved numerous times from this virus detecting tool! I totally recommend a try of it as the free version is perfect and it only has the occasional ad pop up who his fine and not intrusive anyways

1|0
    0|0
    • do you know any product that have DDos Protection for a small business?

• Show All
    • Technology intro!

• Sounds interesting lol

• What about Avast or AVG?

Check on Wikipedia, I'm sure they have a list of those programs there somewhere.

2|0
    0|0
  • McAfee is the most cost effective cause it's free.
    Norton is like $100 per year.

I was so pissed off recently when I bought a new notebook. I got it home, booted it up and started installing office and Norton antivirus and it told me it wouldn't work till I uninstalled McAfee which was already on it.
    Fucking bastards in the store insisted I needed Norton. Bastards.

1|0
    0|0
    • McAfee is very intrusive and slow. And beware of the free Mcafee you get with some normal software updates!

• @jacquesvol Yeah I uninstalled it cause I thought I may as well use Norton since I paid for it

• Looks like you got a job of Lab assistant..
    I have a tip for you.. If you want correct answer go in a geek community..
    www.Quora.com
    Www.fixya.com

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm not answering this.

You should cheat on your school work the old fashioned way - go flirt with a geek and get him to tell you all your answers.

If I told you the answer, I might be robbing a fellow geek of an opportunity to tell his other geeks that he finally went on a date with someone in real life!

1|1
    0|0
  • PC people problems...

1|0
    0|0
  • Mcafee livesafe, $80 it can be installed on unlimited number of devices.
    Microsoft Security Essentials, Completely free
    AVG AntiVirus, their is a free edition
    Windows has a built in firewall, and antivirus software usually have a firewall built in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol I don't use antiviruses nor firewalls beyond what's built in and what do ya know I typically don't get any viruses at all!

1|0
    0|0
  • I like Avast and AVG over Norton and McAfee.
    And I am guessing you have a server to manage the 50 workstations, so the AV on the server will manage and push the updates to the workstations.
    No real selection for the firewall, though I have used ZoneAlarm. The AV packages usually have a firewall built in as part of the paid package.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't get Norton or any of those other antivitus, get VIPRE for life for free. I believe it's better than norton any day of the year and other antivirus. Here's a link for them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lHPhRQ8_18

1|0
    0|0
  • this site will help you
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/

1|0
    0|0
  • Norton.

1|0
    0|0
  • Malware-bytes
    webroot
    iobit fighter

malwarebytes and fighter are free to an extent, but it's good enough as a free app.

Also, for Windows, there is Windows Defender, which is amicable.

1|0
    0|0
  • Google 'antivirus site licence' and do your own homework.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use AVG.

1|0
    0|0
  • avg is much better

1|0
    0|0
  • install linux.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd stay far, far away from McAfee, and I'm not too keen on Norton but I can tolerate it. And ZoneAlarm has been pointless for years. I'd prefer to use a hardware based firewall system. But you might want to talk to your ISP about the issue as they can cut it off before it gets to you. As for anti-virus, I use Avast and it's served me well for many years. I also recommend it to customers. AVG isn't too bad, either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to like Norton, but that's really just because it's the only one I've used extensively.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about computers sorry

1|0
    0|0
  • @mesonfielde
    @aficinado

I think they are computer experts.

1|0
    0|0
  • malwarebytes.

1|0