Should I get box braids?

So I've been wanting box braids for a while, but I feel as though the problem is that I'm white. I don't want people to be offended by something that I admire. I think box braids are beautiful and I've always wanted some. I'm also trying to grow out my pixie cut and I want to grow it out healthy instead of constantly using heat and damaging it. Also, I'm in high school and the school I go to is filled with judgmental white people. I want to do it but I'm a little hesitant. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• You mean ropes on your head? I can't stand that look

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think long term braids are good for our hair texture. Like how often do you wash your hair rn?

• I usually wash it around 2 times a week. It doesn't get greasy easily too.

• Yeah. When you get braid like that you're not really meant to wash your hair more than like once a month. And if your hair isn't trained to go that long it's going to get super greasy.

What Guys Said 1

• Do what you want, don't worry about what others may think.

What Girls Said 4

• if you like it, then go for! don't waste your time worrying what others will think of you.. I'm sure some people will like them too (:

• take care of them well, if they look good enough u can get away with it lmfao
    "wow r u rlly wearing box braids? damn they look good tho, so nbd :D"
    ^^ how i imagine an interaction to go

• Do whatever you want hun, I'm also planning on getting mine box braided soon as well.
    Just remember to take care of them well, especially with your hair texture.

• You should get them. & fuck what they say.