Caught this a-hole eating on my car. What would you have done?

So I left this donut shop with my 4 year old daughter. As I'm making my way back to my car I see this mechanic looking guy (mechanic outfit) in his early 20's get his taco and drink and plop it on top of my trunk and start eating. There is no body shop anywhere in the area.

Just flabbergasted by the audacity of this guy I walk up to him and say "excuse me?" He looks at me and says"oh, this is your car? My bad daw (slang for dog which means buddy)" wraps up his greasy taco and walks off.

I swear if I wasn't with my daughter I'd probably tell him a few more things.

What would you have done?

I know this guy would have probably attacked someone doing this to his own car so why the f#ck would he do this to someone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• Did he scratch your car? If not, then cool down. Be a good example for your daughter.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seemed like you handled it just fine. No need to fret. Good thing is that he left as soon as you approached. and even sorta apologized. (and its "dawg"... not daw)
    like you said, most people would have flipped, present kid or not.
    maybe he was just trying to perch with your car because it was nice lol.

• Lol perch on a 2000 Saturn with fading paint.

Sorry i just wrote as he pronounced it.

He even left me a nice grease stain to remember him by.

• lol... bottomline is that you were cool headed about it.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd just tell them to move and not waste any energy telling them anything else. There's no point getting angry, it's a waste of energy.

What Guys Said 5

• People like him think the world owes them something. They were never taught to respect others by their parent (s). They have no comprehension of respect, courtesy or manners. The judicial system sadly has to try to teach them but it doesn't usually work. Bad or no parenting, the number one thing that is causing the problems in this country.

• I'm with you on that part of respect. Some parents don't teach their children shit. The other day this kid at McDonalds was throwing his shoes at full strength at other kids. He smashes this poor old lady's drink and the old lady calls the father over and tell him what his son did. You know what he does? Stares at her, looks around, and tells his kid to leave. No apology, no offer to buy her another drink, nothing.

• Yeah I know. I've had kids in my store that mess around with everything. I tell them and their parents to leave. Their normally welfare cases anyway that have no money.

• I probably wouldn't have said anything. I would have either, 1) Remotely activated the car horn using the key fob just to scare the shit out of him, or 2) Just gotten into my car and start to drive away. If his food gets spilled, no skin off my nose. If he wants to start trouble, then my car is fully stocked with pepper spray, a Glock 19 in my glove box, and 360 degrees of dash cam video coverage,

• I wish I had all of that installed in my car lol.

• I'd just tell him I'm leaving and for him to move. He was hungry. Hungry causes stupid.

• Please teach me the art of over-reacting.

• Ok. Just go get yourself a full combo at tacobell to go. Find yourself a nice gym parking lot and find the nicest sports car you can find. Get that greasy burrito that has bled through the paper wrapping and lay your meal out all over the hood of the car. And start eating. Make sure you eat slowly so you give the owner of that car plenty of time to get there.

When the owner finally arrives he'll show you first hand how it's like to overreact.

Nothing like blatant disrespect of peoples property will get people to show you how it is to overreact. And it won't be telling you in a stern manner "excuse me?"

• What you reacted was normal.. What you wanted to react was over reaction. Dude, ask anyone if your car like looks like someone had been eating burritos on it. And he didn't even soil it, and even if he did, he would had cleaned it I believe. I'd be pissed as well, not to disagree, if I saw someone doing that on my car but not that much to start cussing him and pick a fight in public.

• I didn't want to fight him either. I would have told him "bro, how'd you feel if I started eating shit all over your car? You wouldn't like it would you? What did I do to you so that you could disrespect me like this?"

Of course I didn't say that because he didn't seem like the nicest individual and I had at my four year old at my side. I didn't want to risk her safety based on his reaction.

• Advise him to leave.