Is melee fighting easier in Fallout 4 than in Fallout 3?

I wanted to try being a melee fighter in Fallout 4 but remember being such a character in Fallout 3 was nearly impossible unless I was on the lowest difficulty.

Most Helpful Guy

• mmm. .. well it depends, with medium weapons it's easy, and with power armour you can steam roll

in fallout 4 the stagger can be a real issue but you do have throwing/tripping moves which makes it easy to take someone on up close. I took on a high level merc wearing heavy combat armour with melee. 1 on 1 just keep throwing them on the ground an it'll be a cakewalk

FO3 melee relies more on stealth, I usually take on ghouls in melee, just back peddle and keep swinging

Overall FO4 melee is easier. . . at least against humans it is

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Overall yes but it's going to be a pain in the ass against enemies with high health.

I recomend this melee weapon.
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Kremvh%27s_Tooth

When fully upraded I have it doing like 78 damage per hit. It might be able to do more depending on what perks you have.

• Yes.