How fast is your internet?

How fast is your internet?
Your fixed internet connection if you have one (ISDN, ADSL, vDSL, cable, fiber, etc.), not mobile unless you have nothing else.

• < 1 Mbps :(
  • 1 - 8 Mbps 😩
  • 9 - 16 Mbps :/
  • 17 - 30 Mbps :)
  • 31 - 50 Mbps :D
  • 51 - 100 Mbps 😁
  • > 100 Mbps 😈
*bump*

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Why does this matter to you? You gon' be jelly if it's faster than yours? ;)

• well, you are probably the only girl who voted so far so I know it's not lol

but even if it's faster, it doesn't matter. I can have gigabit internet in my tiny village but I don't see the point of it, expensive and as normal user you don't need it. Usually you can be happy if the server reaches 100-200 Mbps lol

Why does it matter? It doesn't, I just need new notifications :D

• lol work doesn't count. In that case I'll choose my last University which was 50m next to the building of the ISP and directly connected :D
      Tops everything lmao

80 Mbps at home is decent

• You didn't specify that in your post that work doesn't count. ^.^

Need ta be more careful 'bout that in the future. XD

• I don't know. Fast enough for me not get irritated at it for running slow.

• It is so shitty. I'm paying 90 a month and you would think the Internet would be good but it's horrific. If I'm online, then I can't watch Netflix. If I'm watching netflix, I can't even check my email. FML

• sucks... so expensive and then it's not even good

• Uhhh, it's fast enough? I'm not sure of specifics, haha.

• I live out in the middle of no where so my internet is shit and around 3.0 mb.

• Poor you... The game downloads probably take forever :/

• 1gb takes about an hour to 3 hours.

It's worse if the downloads mess up during the night and I have to do it during the day.

• My Internet in very fast

What Guys Said 19

• I'm paying for 5M, but I only get around 2.5M. There isn't much choice in my area at a decent price. There is no real competition where I live so prices have more than doubled in the last five years or so. 2.5M is good enough though. There is very little that needs faster than that.

• 200mbps Download
    20mbps Upload

More importantly <30 ms to most gaming servers in Europe. Has never disconnected once since i switched to this ISP ~ 8 months ago

• I guess you use cable going by the slow upload (compared to the download)?

On one side it's good because you can get high bandwidth for cheap, on the other side it's a shared medium and many ISPs overload it so that during the peak times you often don't get full speed and shitty latency. You need to be a bit lucky with it and your ISP.

I'm happy that we have fiber here but actually the latency got worse compared to my old 5Mbps ADSL connection. Used to have ~10ms to the servers in Frankfurt/Paris/Amsterdam (where most gaming servers I use are located) and now it's 20-30ms.. shows well that latency has nothing directly to do with the bandwidth. It got worse because of the different routing and interleaving it uses now.

• Yeah, also doesn't cut out when there is a thunderstorm lol. Always on a raid night (in WoW) >______<

• hmm don't have problem with that haha. Might have something to do with the infrastructure of your ISP... especially if you changed it.

but I also stopped raiding quite some time ago so that doesn't matter anymore :P

• It is supposed to be ADSL2, but it slows frequently to dial-up speed. Such are the joys of rural living.

• I did a speed test just recently and I'm at 25 Mbps. I hate my provider though.

• I don't know it

• 40/10mbit unlimited and unshaped for 23£ per month.

• 40Mbps. I'm satisfied with it.

• 25Mbps down, ping is only 10ms (woooo!). Upstream sucks though, at a pathetic 2Mbps.

• Around 30 😛

• I don't know, but I'm satisfied with it.

• 40 MBPs that's the fastest Internet in Egypt by the way

• F, I don't need it to be outrageous.

• How do I find out my mbps?

• on your contract, in your router or if you can't find out just try a speed test like speedtest. net, even though they aren't always accurate

• if you pay for 25-30 then that's okay

• Got you. Thanks boys!

• > 100 Mbps are just liars, test your internet speed at Speedtest. net please

• 3 MBPs. I'm paying around $150.00 a month for that through AT&T.

• I went from AT&T U-Verse at 12 Mbps to suddenlink at 100 Mbps. It's ridiculous.

• Slow where I live. 1.5 Mdps.

• Don't know.

• It's pretty fast here, 1MBps (8Mbps)

• where are you from?

• for me, no. the full hd streams I watch need about double of that. sometimes I need to download while watching yt or a stream or while playing games and doing both with that low speeds sucks hard. I have on average 500-600GB per month (no illegal downloads or anything like that). Assuming both our connections run at fullspeed, it would take me 164 hours longer with an 8 Mbps connection (that's almost a whole fucking week of non-stop downloading lol).
      I buy all my games digitally, some of the newer ones are over 50GB. 8 Mbps are fine for browsing stuff, watching youtube or playing some games... but it doesn't need much to hit the limit, and if that happens regularly then it gets quickly annoying asf and you wish you had something faster. It all depends on what you do. I could also say that my small Fiat Punto is enough for everybody... but that's not true either. You have to think outside of the box :)

• Yeah if you're downloading crazy amounts of stuff like that you need more, but I think for most people 1MBps is enough. I can watch youtube at 1080p or even 1440p (though my monitor isn't big enough for 1440p to make a difference)