Do you shave your legs?

My answer is no! I won't shave my legs because social media told me that was pretty. I hate when people asking why I don't shave and that I look like a man! Fuck off I say... why is it a social rule that girls must be shave and trim. Fuck it I do whatever I want! #StandingupAgainstSocialMedia!

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger around eight years old.
    I had to take a medication, one of the side effects that I found out the hard way; Was um, hair growth in those regions that they only are supposed to grow on during and after puberty.
    I had armpit hair, leg hair and my mother ended up freaking out when she first saw.
    So like any eight year old would do I decided to get rid of it.
    So I started shaving my legs and armpits till I was twelve,
    My mother flipped when she found out what I was doing but by that time hair growth she explained would be natural.
    I did cut myself a few times.
    I have never shaved there again

Most Helpful Girl

• I suppose it's fair to say that lots of women are against shaving because of that very reason: societal norms. If we want to be attractive to men, we have to do this and that, all that bs. My answer is yes, I do shave. And I do it for myself, nobody else. I do it because it makes me feel good about myself, not because I think more guys will be attracted to me. It's true that the majority of women who shave are doing it because it's what our society wants, but I really just do it because I like having smooth legs. Either way, it should be a personal decision unswayed by anyone but yourself.

What Guys Said 34

• It's your body you have every right to do or not do to your body that you don't want to.

However. . . .

http://i.qkme.me/3t0oib.jpg

Good luck finding a guy that is gonna rub and kiss on those legs and unshaved vag. I know I'm not one of them.

• And yet you demand for people to be feminine. What side are you on?

• Good for you. Don't shave under your arms or pussy either

• I respect your decision about this. I think it should be a woman's choice whether she shaves any of her body hair. It's certainly not a hygiene issue, and a woman shouldn't feel like she has to do it.

• In France women don't shave their armpits.

• Good for you, I'm glad you're an individual and don't want to be brainwashed. But don't forget, if a guy happens to like smooth legs on girls, don't be angry or hateful toward them. They also can have a right to a preference.

• I know! (:

• Well we're both good cuz the last thing I want is a girlfriend lol.

• It's publicity. Don't take them seriously (the problem is really teens that don't really know a lot about life). They invent all kind of realityes to sell their thing.

Midia will show anything that a company wishes. So, the problem are companies that make a living commercializing stuf with questionable etics.

• Yes, I do.

• You can do what you want, it is your body and if you don't want to shave, then don't. But our society and many others in the Western world kind of like it that way, women and men.
    There are men out there that would appreciate a non-shaved woman. But most men, like me, like a smooth woman. You might have to look in the more Bohemian venues for a man that likes that and a woman of your caliber.

• Yeaa it's the way it is.. That when I was smell I used to think that women naturally don't even grow hair on their legs and arms... Only men do... Lol

• I don't but sometimes I do think about making my leg hair shorter.

• Yeah Like three times a year for the stage

• assuming I ever get married, if my wife refuses to shave her legs, then I'll refuse to shave my face (and I have an ugly beard)

• There was one girl in my class during college who didn't shave her hands and it was disgusting... And I was definitely not aftereffect to that...
    It's not feminine for women to not shave...

• I don't, no reason to. It's all a matter of preference, just like a lot of women don't like men who shave all of their body hair or has too much of it. It goes both ways.

• I feel like women do things like this just to feel that they have seceded from something. That's disgusting

• I thought you were hot too bad I guess

• Trim them. BRB veins in my quads.. BRB fresh tan... BRB sloots checking out joocy thick legs.

• I tried it once out of curiosity and didn't care for it. They are your legs and it's totally your choice. Personally I don't have any problem with women not shaving.
    #QueenAppleDoesWhateverSheWants

• ehm, no

• i dont.

• im sexy and i know it!

• as a guy, no, i dont. i hate when women dont

• Most men prefer shaved legs. You are certainly free to do what you want; but you will turn off a lot of guys.

• Do what you want but you dont have to be so offened by it
    Guys just like smooth legs bottkm line
    there's no conspiracy here lol

• I know and I am not trying to do this for a guy! I just hate that my family and cousin and the whole lot of people view it as strange!

• Because it is strange lol not in a bad way i guess just an uncommon way

• thanks! (: I

• wow really? show a pic please?

• How do you even have legs? You're an apple!

• Nah I like it.

• Your need legs to be so hot you can fry an egg

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 55

• There's nothing wrong with not shaving your legs. Guys can walk around with hairy legs, so why is it a problem for women? It makes no sense.

I personally like having smooth legs, but that is just my preference. I don't shave them every day. I usually let the hair grow a bit before I shave. I also have blonde hair so it's not noticeable. But there is no shame in letting that hair grow!

• I shave mine because I love the way it feels against my sheets when I go to bed. I shave my underarms because when they aren't shaved perspiration seems to make my deodorant useless. I shave other parts because it enhances certain activities. It's just one of those things you try, and if you don't like it, then don't do it.

• It depends. Sometimes I get lazy and get them waxed.

Sometimes, I don't want to spend the time to make an apt and drive 30+ min to get them waxed; so I shave.

XD I do both, never one consistently

• I shave them a lot more often in the summer what-with shorts and all. I'll shave occasionally in the colder months as well, though not quite as much. Mostly because I think it looks better, not because of any social rules.

• I don't use a razor on my legs, I use a different system but I do remove body hair, yes. With the exception of my hair and brows. It's just a personal preference.

• I shave my legs because I hate how it feels and looks if I don't.

It's not because of social media or anyone else, idc what they say. i do it for me.

• I shave mine. I personally don't like the feeling of hair.

• I feel more comfortable shaved, but it takes forever and I don't wear dresses or shorts anyway, so I do shave but go weeks in between without. (Luckily my hair grows really slowly so I don't have to deal with it much)

• Haha I do.
    I'm too much of a slave of social media I guess :D

• Only in the summer and periodically during the colder months.

• WOOOP! You go girl :D
    I don't shave, but if I am wearing anything where you can see my legs I will shave them. Though the other day I didn't shave and wore a mini skirt and knee high socks. I felt freeeeeee :D

• Yes, I do. But it's not because it's pretty, it's because I feel better when I have no hair on my legs.

Don't listen to them, you're free to do whatever you want to your body.

• mostly shave.. but I prefer waxing.. it lasts longer

• I am doing full body laser haha
    so the complete opposite of you lol
    and I prefer being smooth everywhere
    I mean I live by the beach and I do a lot of sports so it is easier like that

• Um. Yeah. I love the feeling of smooth legs.

• I haven't shaved mine in a while. Maybe like a week almost now... I'm gonna shave them today though.

• Yes, I do shave my legs.

• Yeah I do, I hat

• Do whatever you want, dude. It's your body. If you have pride and feel confident, go for it.

Some see shaving as hygienic but then why is it okay on men? Lol. It's just a custom most adhere to because hairy women will hear a lot of shit from everyone. Do you have that much body hair that's noticeable?

• Yes, I shave my legs. It's not for any "rule", though. I do it because I can't stand having hairy legs and, as someone with really thick, dark hair, it's quite bothersome.

• I always shave. I can't stand my body hair. Im going to get everything removed by laser at some point.

• Waxing is a lot better, to be honest.

But yes, I do remove my body hair.

• Sometimes, but my legs are probarly only shaved two weeks during a year. I Just dont have the willpower or the energy to shave them mote often

• Yeah I do and to tell u the truth I don't even like doing it but I only do it cuz the rest of the world us doing it -.- and yah people do judge u a lot on everything :/

• I wouldn't judge you, I don't mind hairy girls ;) :*

• Follow me so I'm in your following list. This way we can talk on messages rather than here. See me your kik😉

• I do it when I feel like it, but prefer to wax.
    In the industrial age razor companies wanted to expand their market, so they started making ads suggesting that women's natural body hair should make them feel "uncomfortable" if exposed with the new sleeveless, shorter hem fashions. It was all a marketing ploy, and guess who won? The fucking beauty industry and their overpriced fucking pink razors!

• I epilate.

• Is it any less painful than waxing? Because I am thinking of buying an epilator

• Ohh OK
      Thank you for detailed info. :)

• @AvaGuanine anytime :)

• I don't but I would when I get married though.

• The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith..."
      The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “When a man marries he has fulfilled half of the ‘deen..."
      cleanliness and marriage, (half) + (half) = Iman (complete)

• Okaaaaay calm down
    It's because we're female and because it started like that if you don't shave it's your choice but people will obviously talk

• Once a month

• I dont shave not because being hairy looks pretty which is NOT appealing but because my hair is so short and light , my hair is not that noticeable,

• More from Girls
    25