What are your views on veginisam?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care what anyone else does. They have no effect on me and I have no effect on them. I have noticed many vegans to be very prejudiced, bigoted and hateful toward other people's ideas and cultures. I don't think vegans realize they kill plants that also must have some sort of awareness. Many have produced poisons to keep from being eaten so they don't want to be killed either. As for me, I will continue to eat meat and hunt for some of my own. If I'm lucky, I'll get my first pronghorn this October. It's one of my favorites along with quail and pheasant. It's also free of antibiotics, chemicals and very lean, yummy.

• 1. Except your actions do impact others www.yahoo.com/.../vegetarian-2050-190426669.html
      2. They are not bigoted or prejudice because there is nothing biggoted or prejudiced about condemning an action that has a victim. That's like saying condemning genital mutilation in children as "very prejudiced, bigoted and hateful toward other people's ideas and cultures."
      3. No plants don't have any kind of awareness and they EVOLVED poisons and evolution isn't a conscious process.
      4. There you go showing off your over inflated ego again.

• Well that animals suffer like we do is no longer a belief and there's a term for saying I'm going to make a helpless creature die: cowardice.

• @adquidorator yep I'm such a coward. Biggest coward that's ever existed. 😎

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm vegetarian at this moment but I'll go vegan when I don't live with my parents. I think it's the best lifestyle I could have and I'm totally against animal cruelty. So I totally support veganism. Also if you're interested in this lifestyle you should read "Antispéciste" by Aymeric Caron, it's a french book and I don't know if you can find it in English.

What Guys Said 23

• I only eat rocks now. Oh, not the pretty rocks but rather the ones with scuff marks and severe imperfections. I know that by only eating rocks, I'll be dead before long, but I'm glad because this way I won't take a chance of losing control of my car and hitting a lovely bug.

• My view on veganism is that it is an activist group that decided to adopt lifestyle ideology as means of fighting for their cause.
    Much like similar activist groups (such as PETA) it employs fear mongering and fallacious propaganda to promote and spread their agenda.

I won't bash those members with genuine intent of doing good regardless of how misguided and illegitimate I find the whole cause to be.
    What I don't agree with is the fear mongering into potentially destructive lifestyle choices.

• Live and let live. As long as they dont try to be like religious missionaries they can do whatever they want. It just gets obnoxious though if they do and the way they talk down on others.

Additionally I think its more of a trend and hype thing than anything else right now. Give it 10 years and the entire thing will have calmed down.

• I don't care because it's not for me. I like my meat and I'm fairly certain I won't be going vegan any time in this life. As for others practicing it - by all means so long as you don't bring it up at every chance.

• I don't really have any views. I sympathise with eating a mostly plant based diet. However from personal experience, I think it's good to eat a little animal product for the sake of one's sanity.

• Just why? I understand being against abuse treatment of animals but there's many free range and humane farms out there. You're starving your body of essential nutrients. We humans are omnivores for a reason.

• 1. It doesn't matter how nice of a life the animal had, there is no right way to do the wrong thing.
      2. There is not one single nutrient required by the human body that can't be consumed from non-animal sources.
      3. Humans are biological frugivores. I'm serious, look it up. We sweat through pores, our jaws can make side to side, we have no claws or sharp teeth (canine maybe, but it's not capable of breaking through animal skin), we do not have night vision, our brains run on glycogen, our cells run on glucose, we are not born with killer instincts, most of us are squeamish at the sight of blood or violence, our intestines are long, our digestive enzymes are meant to break down plants, fibre stimulates peristalsis and meat contains absolutely no fibre, and increased consumption of animal products results in increased risk of mortality, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, alzheimer's, osteoporosis, and many other diseases.

• @Kiwedin I hope you realize the only reason our brains became so developed from our ancestors is because we ate meat, giving us the extra protein we needed to grow bigger and smarter brains.

• Wrong. Cooked food in general allowed our brains to grow. Think about it, what type of food do humans have that no other animals have? What could have made us smarter? It can't be meat, because carnivores haven't all evolved. It can't be foliage, because herbivore aren't as smart as we are. What we're left with is cooked carbohydrates, it's the only food that sets us apart from the others and that's what the scientific consensus is. You can argue all you want, but most scientists agree that cooked carbohydrates like rice, beans, lentils, and potatoes are what allowed us to evolve further. Every single cell in the brain runs on glucose which we get most easily from carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates would have then been like brain superfood, because it would provide with a more steady stream of glucose. The brain doesn't even run on fat or protein and the body has to work sooo hard in order to convert the two into a form of energy. Do the research.

• I don't believe in veganism because humans are omnivores by nature but what you eat is entirely up to you so I don't care if anyone else is vegan as long as they don't act self righteous and try to convince other people to become vegans

• Humans are biological frugivores. I'm serious, look it up. We sweat through pores, our jaws can make side to side, we have no claws or sharp teeth (canine maybe, but it's not capable of breaking through animal skin), we do not have night vision, our brains run on glycogen, our cells run on glucose, we are not born with killer instincts, most of us are squeamish at the sight of blood or violence, our intestines are long, our digestive enzymes are meant to break down plants, fibre stimulates peristalsis and meat contains absolutely no fibre, and increased consumption of animal products results in increased risk of mortality, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, alzheimer's, osteoporosis, and many other diseases.
      That's not me trying to convince you to be vegan, I just hate when people are wrong about stuff.

• While human bodies weren't designed like typical predators, they have hunted and killed other animals for tens of thousands of years by using their unique intelligence to create weapons and their ability to run for much longer distances than most animals. Their diet consisted originally consisted of meat, fruits, vegetables, and grains so they are still omnivores because the definition of an omnivore is an animal that eats meat along with plants. Frugivores are a subclass that can include omnivores or herbivores so you can in fact be both

• I'm working my way to becoming a vegan or to the very least a pecsoterian on fish veggie diet

• Vegetables are what food eats.

• They fart a lot from all the soy.

• This may be true, but it's a natural result of consuming easily digestible foods, unlike animal products which increase the likelihood of digestive health problems. In fact, vegans have better smelling farts because they consume less sulfur-containing amino acids which increase the foulness of flatulence. It's fart science lmao.

• @Kiwedin

So... their shit don't stink? :-)

• Everyone's shit stinks, but I can tell you from personal experience that it does stink less haha.

• I think it's a missed steak.

Say that out loud to yourself.

• Even as a vegetarian I find it hard to understand why one would want to become a vegan, but hey, their choice.

• You care about animals right?
      Maybe look up what happens in the dairy industry. It's even more cruel that the meat industry.

• Not for me, but to each his own.

• I couldn't care less about people's diet choices.

• I think it's pointless.

• I guess people can do whatever they want with their diet.

• What is that?

• Not something I want to do

• Oh boy here we go again

• "Veginisam"? Is that a new product that just hit the market? Something along the lines of Vegemite, perhaps?

• Indifferent.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's great. It reduces animal suffering, it's the most environmentally sustainable diet known to man, it's incredibly amazing for human health (specifically a whole foods, plant based diet), and it's our best chance for surviving as a species for a longer time on this planet. It can also potentially end world hunger. Literally everyone wins.

• I think it's VERY good! Vegans are awesome!

• I'm not vegan, im not even vegetarian (clearly) 😂

But I really do think vegan is the best lifestyle someone can live! Saving the animals, good for the planet, great for your physical body and mental health!

I'm all for it!

• I will never be a vegan. Or vegetarian. But some of my friends are, i don't really think about it or care.

• I eat Vegan meals sometimes to make sure I get my vegetable intake for the day, but overall, I'm not going to convert or anything. I like chicken wings too much lol.

• 0|1
  • It's not for me but good for anyone who follows it

• I don't really concern myself with the eating habits of others.