What's the lengthiest auto repair work/service you'very ever had?

I spun the wheel of automotive fortune today. Thankfully it was as I predicted, just a battery. Any rate, owing to the sloth of the system, I got an unexpected day off. So it got me thinking. I would like to know about your tales of automotive woe. What are some of the most expensive or lengthy repairs and/or servicing done on your car?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ironically, an oil change. It took 3 hours because they forgot about my car, even though I had an appointment. I got it done for free, but still, that was a bit ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm possibly looking at getting the exhaust manifolds replaced if they are truly leaking once I get the pipes between the cats and resonator replaced. Could be up to $2K on my 14 year old tundra altogether. All other work with the exception of the timing belt and water pump I did myself.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• i do my own repairs except replacing tires, and cost depends on the part, id have to say replacing a head gasket is the most longest job, replacing a rear main seal and a transmission torque converter seal come in second place as lengthy

• when I got into an accident with my truck - 1 week.

• i studied for car mechanics. when a distribution belt is placed in an inconvienent place

• The ECM went out @ $1200- 97K miles. Other then that just routine fluid changes & tires. AC refrigerant. I bought a can of AC pro $20-
    That reminds me of how they push & push the extended warranty. I'm still ahead of the game.

• Totalled.