Is Pluto a planet?

So I learned it was a plan then I was told it wasn't a plan because it was too small and now I'm being told it is a plant because we landed on it and found out it has an atmosphere there's been more studies suggesting that does orbit the sun around the sun and it does have a moon that apparently gets kidnapped by Neptune for a little bit The reason why they Declassified it as a planet anyways because there are things in the Kuiper belt that are bigger than Pluto but they are not classified as plants and there is an astroid the size of Pluto that does not have an atmosphere does not have moons but is the size of Pluto so what is it I

know it's an alien life form sent to spy on our solar system so what is it I know it's an alien life form sent to spy on our solar system just kidding and the galactic counsel has deemed our planet unworthy of alien contact as long as we have the current world leaders and power jk

Most Helpful Guy

• No, Pluto is a Kuyper belt object and a dwarf planet. Nothing else. It's too small to be considered one, as some moons in our solar system are even bigger than Pluto.
    Pluto is the largest Kuyper belt object, so what you said is not true.
    Pluto actually has moons. Five to be exact.
    Pluto is just a massive ball mostly made of ice. It is not geologically active so there are no possibilities for live existing under the ice crust.
    Pluto has always been orbiting the sun. It's a trans-Neptunian object, made at about the same time as earth was born from hot rock.
    We have never landed a probe or person on Pluto. The only passby with pluto was in 2015 by the New Horizons space probe. It passed by pluto for a few hours. but is reaching the furtherest parts of the Kuyper belt now.

You should do a little research bud ;)

Sources: NASA, ESA & my own astronomical studies.

• I'm more interested in gamma ray burst then Pluto

• Yea I watched a documentary on them the other day and aparntly could get hit by one with in the next 100,000ish years which will be dead

• What do you mean?

What Girls Said 1

• Scientists are discussing to give back Pluto planet status.

• They are not. Pluto is once and for all a dwarf planet. It is too small. Pluto is smaller than some moons in our solar system, which makes it a dwarf.

What Guys Said 5

• Just a helpful correction: The New Horizons spacecraft that flew by Pluto last year didn't actually land on it. It passed by very close however (about 7,800 miles from the surface).

• No dummy it's a dog.

• Really the classification for a planet is arbitrary. There's not really much difference between a bigger or smaller rock anyways. But it's not classified as a planet no. It's a dwarf planet.

• I don't think you ever actually used the word "planet" (other then the title).

• I think so.