Poll: Do you know and realise what Monsanto is?

Just trying to get an indicator of how mqny people know about the situation. I'd love it if you'd honestly answer the poll!

• Yes and it's cool
  • No and no
  • Yes and I dislike/hate it
  • No and I am not interested (shame on you)
  • Yes and it worries me
Excuses for the spelling error.

Most Helpful Guy

• Monsanto is among the scariest entities that reside on this planet. The only thing that's even scarier than Monsanto is the fact that so few people actually know and care about Monsanto.

What Girls Said 4

• Well its a monster that will turn our planet into a desert which will only grow one crop. The Monsanto crop and have monopoly over the food market.

• Nope, no idea.

• Worries me.

• Then you haven't been informed enough by elders before.

• No, I've been informed on this stuff, I just don't think it's a big deal.

• My uncle works for Monsanto as a biotechnologist.

• Yes and I freaking hate it!!! It is super scary and the amount of pull they are seeming to have over Government is beyond worry some. How would you like to have to pay them to grow your own produce in the back of your house because their seeds 'spread'. What bull!

• its not bull its the same as having Microsoft windows. you down own it you just leased a copy.

• They are trying to control the food supply.
      "​The US Supreme Court upheld biotech giant Monsanto’s claims on genetically-engineered seed patents and the company’s ability to sue farmers whose fields are inadvertently contaminated with Monsanto materials."
      Also @dudeman it's not the same.

• Exactly!

What Guys Said 16

• Monsanto is the mega-corporation that produces the herbicide Roundup, which the World Health Organization has recently classified as a "probable carcinogen." I believe Roundup is banned in EU (or it's been proposed for banning), but Monsanto is appealing that. Monsanto also supplies GMO seeds which of course are genetically engineered to withstand huge doses of Roundup. (See how that works?) Monsanto is also proposing to merge with another major agri-chem corporation (Bayer?) but a lot of people are against that.

• It has been proposed in the EU, but never settled.

• I live right by one of their buildings. I haven't died of toxic chems yet. That being said, i do not support them.
    They are not for the people, they do not have peoples well being in mind. I do not know much beyond that other than the fact that they put farmers out of business.

• they dont put any farmers out of business. anything you heard about that was actually a lie.

• @dudeman Definitely not a lie

• @dudeman Normally i can take you credibly but if you're not willing to provide me with information i can't find then i stand by what i said, and its ultimately all for naught. good day

• Get an education! Learn Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, and come back, then, KNOWING facts, not just some BS media hype!!
    However you view Monsanto, they have saved Millions of lives, and that is probably their downfall, because now we are overpopulating the planet, and depleting the resources!!
    Maybe they should have just let millions of children die, rather than create drought-resistant food crops, or pest-resistant crops, to feed all these extra mouths.
    Why do people just go after some little thing, hyped up by the media, without ANY understanding of the BIG PICTURE?
    Sorry if this is a little HARSH, but people are so quick to jump on some media-sponsored BS, without questioning, without asking why, how, or I need to know more!!
    Be the SMART one, and do the research, read all the things about it, and focus on the PEER-REVIEWED SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS, not some BS website by some stay-at-home mom that saw some news blurb, and is starting an unfounded crusade!!!

• I do my research, triggered buddy.
      Yes they have made it easier to make more food than we could ever imagine before, but at a high cost.
      Also, explain e951, e952 and e621?

• Already done it! BS in Biology, minor in chemistry. Working in the food industry. Sorry, but catch up with me in a few more years when you know some facts, and can distinguish between media hype, and reality.
      I don't mean to be mean to you, but you are so young, so naive. There are more REAL Crusades to fight, than this one.
      My whatever gods you pray to bless you and keep you safe! Sorry we couldn't agree on anything. . .

• Triggered boi?
      Just because you're older doesn't mean you're right. I think I should change my age to 30 then.
      You work in the industry yourself making yourself think all that happens there is okay. It's understandable, but it doesn't mean the same to others ;) cool story bro, my stephdad works for Abott, I do not watch tv nor do I read news from news agencies. You generalize the people against chemical compounds. Checkmate bud.

• They own the rights to the seeds for most of the fruits and vegetables we consume and they genetically modify them for various purposes.

I'm indifferent.

• It's like quantum in James Bond except instead of water they own all the food crop seeds. I actually don't think that it's an intentionally evil thing though, it's a business and they came out on top in that industry. Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Do you really want the government to control which companies can succeed and to what extent? Also they aren't the only seed company because my mom buys heirloom seeds for her garden and we actually have lots of non gmo seeds stored.

So I get that some people are worried about them controlling all the food supply but in all fairness someone has to front the technology and provide seeds for farmers. Would you rather an independent company have that power? Or the government?

• I voted E.

• yes and I don't like them

• Yes and it's a nasty company

• i work for monsanto. im a chemist. if you want us to stop working now people will die. billions.

• Not really, haha, it's what you think since you work for it. All it does is make food industry cheaper and faster, while feeding humans and animals all kinds of chemicals.

• Finally, another person with more than a GED to comment on something beyond their understanding!!
      It's like being back in the Dark Ages, reading some of these non-founded, media-sponsored repeats of illogical arguments, irrational fears, founded in media hype, and just plain IGNORANCE of the SCIENCE!!!

• Nothing else to say?
      Also, Someguy, you seem a little too triggered buddy ;)

• Reeks havoc on your testosterone. That's all I need to know.

• Monsanto is a street in my city... lol what r u implying here

• A perfect example of why the world needs to worry

• Well, what are they?

• Can't explain by myself. It's a huge business. Try a google! It'll help a lot and maybe make you realize what to eat and what not.

• Eh, it doesn't worry me.

• Ya their company is about to get bought out.

• No clue. Just googled it and it's American. Not surprised.

• And? Who the fuck cares?

• That's one of the main issues.

• I pay my taxes for having someone else even pretending to care about some s*it. No idea what it's about and frankly I eat what I think is good and don't give a s*it about anything else

• Nice bait

• Have no idea.

• The devil of the food industry. You eat their goods every day without realising it.