Have you ever been bullied or bullied someone either currently or in the past?

• I have been bullied
  • I have been a bully myself
  • I have been both a bully and have been bullied
  • Neither
And by bullying, I mean both relational and physical aggression.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was bullied relentlessly in when I was a kid. I'm part ginger and have a very "cerebral" look. Admittedly I wasn't very fast on my feet. That made me a target. I also have strong Christian beliefs and feel that bullies will at some point reap what they sow. However I turned my anger to towards sports and become a very good wrestler and later high level pro fighter (include a few KO wins). However if I wasn't tormented I would have never have become an exceptional athlete.

Despite my horrible child hood experience I don't believe in anti bullying programs. I believe in teaching kids to defend themselves. Because bullying doesn't STOP after school. It continues in the work place, sometimes college, etc. You need to stand up for yourself.

However it's hard for adults (especially men) to come out say they were victims of bullying. Because it's essentially saying... I was bullied then... so you could probably bully me now...

I keep this experience to myself. I also try not to associate myself with people who remember me back then. I want a fresh start.

Most Helpful Girl

• I despise any form of bullying. I have never bullied anyone , and I've never been bullied. I've often stepped in to defend people who were being bullied though. I'd be their " mouth piece" when they were too vulnerable to defend themselves.

Bullies always target people who they view as vulnerable and weak. Since a young age I've always been very opinionated and very assertive , so I guess bullies have never tried to home in on me due to my personality

What Guys Said 26

• I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet can answer yes to both of these. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you and themselves.

• I used to be called the school bully in high school. I wouldn't just bully students but teachers as well. I made my 7th grade teacher cry and it was her first year teaching and I also told her to her face after getting invited to her wedding "id rather play maplestory at home then ever go to a stupid wedding!" I was the guy if where I started to make fun of you, everyone would join in. It made me look unattractive to girls though. I did ruin at least 20 kids high school experience. Of course I also had my fair share of being bullied but more of being gossiped about and always picked last for things. More of a marginalized thing as it could have been from fear. I know how to fight and use my words for nasty insults.

• I was bullied for about 7 years until I decided to put a stop to it. Had three fights in the course of a single semester after going 7 years letting people make fun of me. These fights lasted less than a minute each and I ended up not getting in any trouble because people had seen how I had been treated. Basically it just came down to people finally owning up to the fact that they shouldn't have let it go on either but that they knew that I'd eventually put a stop to it.

People still remember me for it, and I still get treated like I was always one of the popular kids in high school. Fucking stupid, but hey, I guess they gave me some credit?

• Yes I was when in school TILL I decided to sock him and 3 of his friends down :D

• I've been on both sides

I thought nothing of it when I bullied others. I didn't even notice. I didn't even realize. It just seemed normal.

• Picked on? Yes. Who hasn't? Usually by my friends
    Bullied? I'm awesome. I also ain't no bitch nigga. I can stick up for myself 👍

• I was multiple times when I was a kid, verbally and physical among other things until I got bigger and stronger, then the tables turned.

• The way the words are written in that picture looks like its listing some bands for a metal festival. Lulz

• Never been bullied. Picked on for certain things sure but bully seems like a harsh word.

• I've been on both ends when I was in middle school. I'm ashamed to even say that but it's the truth. I would NEVER bully somebody now. I've grown up. In fact, I'd stand up for a person who is being bullied now.

• I have been a bully and have been bullies when I was a child. I didn't really have much control over my impulses then but these days I'm a pretty passive guy and I don't very much like to hurt people or cause conflict.

• Picked on, but not bullied. And I never bullied anyone, I was always the one standing up for someone in need.

• yup. so I got me an open carry permit and put that shit to rest real quick.

• I've not as much been bullied, but more been left out. Ignored. In a way that's worse because with bullies you can stand up to them. There's nothing much you can do when being ignored.

• I've honestly never been bullied, but I also always had a pretty bad reputation so I think guys new I had no problem with fighting them if they tried.

• Thankfully i have only been bullied once or twice, after a certain time i grew to be to big and tall and they became to scared to bully me lol

• I beat bullies

• Lots of people have tried to bully me, they all failed because I refuse to let their words get to me. i have my friends and anyone else can GO HAVE A NICE DAY!

• I have been bullied in the past, but I stood up to them

• i have been a bully... and took revenge a few years later... GOD that felt good

• I have been bullied

• I like bully from a far and watching it make me feel warm and gitty inside.

• Mostly bullied on my ethnic identity nothing I could have done about that really.

• Yes. I have been bullied from middle school until my senior year of high school.

• yes, i have.

• Used to get bullied at home by the ones who were more favoured by the parents.

Then I fought back and the rest is history.

What Girls Said 16

• I've been bullied. I was a super scrawny, ugly duckling back in high school. Grade school too actually...

• I only got bullied for short periods because I reported them. A girl slapped me in primary school for no reason. Then in high school, a girl started picking on me and my friend on the bus and eventually spat chewing gum in my hair. They both got reported in one day and dealt with.

• I've been picked on and teased, sure. But to label it bullied? Seems too harsh. Kids will be kids to a certain point. People have made me cry in the past that happens when you are the smallest kid in your class/school even. But I still don't think it was bullying.

• I have been bullied before, it was in past though I was in elementary school. Kids would pick on me because I was shy and quiet, well reserved, and also because of my body shape. Once I moved the bullying stopped.

• I have been bullied in the past by multiple different people.

• I have been bullied and also a bully, more bullied than being the bully myself.
    I was 13-14 and stupid when I decided to bully someone...
    I have been bullied since I was 7-15...

• I got my lunch stolen from me and eaten in front of me by 2 girls in 3 rd grade... I'm slowly still getting over it hah jkjk but that's the only time I've been a victim of it
    I've never bullied someone myself

• I was bullied from the age of 5 to the age of 18. Verbally, though, never physically. I'm lucky to be a woman. If I were a guy, I would have been beaten up many times.

• I think everybody has been bullied at least once in their lifetime, who ever says differently is lying. And I only bully people who bully me, and other bullies.

• Yeah. I was bullied in middle school. Actually really bad.
    I'm mostly invisible now so I don't have to worry so much

• i picked both, but i'm pretty sure for anyone who chose both it wasn't because bullying was in their nature probably because obviously someone did it to them.

• I don't think I've been apart of either. I teased friends kind of mercilessly, does that count?

• Yes I was bullied for being a lesbian.

• I was a bully. Now it's hard admitting this. I did bully some people who had 'down syndrome'. Was I mean to them no. I did tease them yes. Why did I do this? I have no clue. Do I feel bad about it now. Definitely. I don't think they realized it cause it wasn't anything overtly mean. I think I just got curious about their reactions since I saw they were different then me. I would harshly discipline my kid if I saw this behavior. I was disciplined and never did it again. All it took was someone to say that is not right what you are doing and I obviously agreed with that person once I thought about it.

• Was friends with a girl and some of us teased her once, not sure if that counts. Felt super guilty afterwards.

• This brought back some terrible memories! I was young and immature. Back when i was still school i bullied a girl who was a close friend of mine through facebook and i made her cry. She got so upset by what i said she even cried at school the next day. I still feel guilty about this. She blocked me on facebook and stopped speaking to me. A couple of months later i said sorry to her and we started speaking a bit but never to the point where we'd call each other friends again. Then, in middle school i started getting bullied. Those girls would constantly judge me and talk badly about me behind my back and in front of me. It was so bad i skipped school for many days and then switched schools. Now that i'm 21 years old and mature i've realized how stupid and damaging bullying is. The real reason anyone bullies another human is simply becasue they're insecure and it's unfair.