Why do people like to tell very short women they look like super models?

But they won't tell a tall girl she looks like one? Last I check supermodels were very tall and beautiful. I know a girl who is tall and beautiful but no one tells her that she could model I told her she has a shot. I also have a cousin who is short and pretty and people call her a supermodel and it's weird because she like five feet lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Because to a layman, supermodel means beautiful. Not everyone is aware that the average female model's height is 5'9''.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard anyone tell a short girl she could be a model lol That's like the first thing they tell tall women.

What Guys Said 2

• Are you a tall chick with an ugly face or something? It's all about the face OP. Life= Facial Aesthetics. Stay mad.

• Because cute tall girls look always like supermodels. Short girls may need to hear that as they will be to short to be one.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe they feel like shorter girls would never go out for modeling gigs because they have always been told they're too shorter. They want to compliment them and let they know they could, even though it's not as easy.

• Someone told me I could be a model earlier today... but it is like they didn't pay attention to my height.
    I guess it is because of how skinny I am, because I kept receiving that comment for years and people convincing me for some reason, but I am only 5'3" and I have to tell them that I have to reach certain height requirements...

• its just a compliment most people don't take it seriously