Do you think there is more violence against men then against women these days?

in the media and in reality?

0|1
4|17

Most Helpful Guy

• Well 80% of violent crimes are commited against men so that is fact. Its always been the case that men have been subjected to far greater violence then women have. Same with domestic violence, the CDC, NCVS, and various third party groups have shown that men are more likely to be victims of domestic violence then women. So again, that is actually quite provable. As for the media, yes absolutely. Men have always been portrayed as more violent and victims of violence, but historicly we have also been equally portrayed as noble and as protectors. In our current age we are shown more frequently as violent and bad but we are no longer being portrayed as noble or as protectors. We also have double standards where it is considered wrong to have a female being the victim of violence while its absolutely expected for men to be.

0|5
    0|0
    • source please.

• Show All
    • @Weirdstuff No you called bullshit on a my statement because you did not believe that women where capable of wrong doing (except with rare exceptions), you believed that most if not nearly all violence was perpetrated by men because that is how our society views men I pointed out that was not the case. This is how our society functiones, its why you tried to claim a scientific study wasn't scientific because it flies in the face of what you have been conditioned to believe ie that men are violent and abusive and women are victims. Hence my last link showing that it is not that women are not violent, its that we don't care that their violent it only matters when women are on the recieving end of violence not the giving end.

• @Weirdstuff Also I noticed in your post claiming most all violence being male driven towards every one else so that also kind of shows that you did in fact think women where more prone to being victims instead of perpetrators (completely missing the reason why men are stronger that is because they are protectors hence them being more likely to harm another male (a potential threat) then a woman and why women can get away with domsetic violence). Also your wrong on the sexual assualt thing as well since we have proven women are just as likely to rape and sexually assualt men as men are women: http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/
      So as I said before its not that women don't do these things, they do and with greater frequency for the most part then men, its that society doesn't care if women are violent so long as no violence is directed at women. This is actually why historicly men who where beaten by their wives where publicly humilated: http://www.fact.on.ca/Info/dom/george94.htm

What Guys Said 16

• I dont believe anything i see in the media. Its all biased to suit a specific agenda. In real life id say it was even. I see violent guys and girls. Its stupid trying to genderify violence. We're all capable of losing it and doing something stupid. A women recently went to a neighbours door and when he answered she stabbed him through the heart with a steak knife. Got 6 years. Thought he was a paedo. Guy done a paedo with a blade coz he was fearful for his kids and just doing a civil service basically. Jailed for nearly 20 years. Where the balance?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is pretty much 50/50 these days according to a study I read.

0|0
    0|0
  • Violence against men

0|0
    0|0
  • Not just these days. Men have always been the majority victims and perpetrator. We get into fights more easily and things can get out of hand. Also men are usually the ones assaulting, stabbing and shooting each other.
    Its just that violence against women is a more sensitibe issue, and gets more attention. Men just shut up and take it like a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • There always has been more violence against and by men.

0|2
    0|0
  • i think there's 50/50 but most of the male violence doesn't get any attention because its not taken seriously these days, most of the times police doesn't believe that a man could be victim of male violence

0|0
    0|0
  • according to police statistics men are the most common perpetrators of violence but also the most common victim.

0|0
    0|0
  • There was always more violence against men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men for sure...

0|0
    0|0
  • Against men, but violence against women will get the most attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Without a doubt

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell yeah if we include prison the military and domestic violence in sure it would all add up

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are much more likely to be murdered and assaulted to fbi crime statistics

0|0
    0|0
  • Men have always been the victims of violence more often than women.

Here's data for Canada:
    http://www.victimsweek.gc.ca/res/r512.html

here's an article with a lot of UK data:
    www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...men-is-out-of-date.html

having trouble finding u. s data neatly broken out.

On a per capita basis in the u. s. young, black men are almost certainly the most common victims of violence.

Cue victim blaming in 3 ... 2. ... 1 ...

0|0
    0|0
  • Men for shore

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say against men by other men. We're a pretty aggressive gender. I don't think enough is happening though. We all know some insufferable, jackass that needs his ass beat.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm yet to see more violence against men. i see it, but not more than women just yet. i hope it doesn't reach that point.

1|0
    0|0
  • my guess is
    crime world --> mostly men-on-men violence
    sexual --> mostly men-on-women violence
    domestic --> mostly men-on-women violence
    war --> mostly men-on-both genders violence.

Women tend to be physically weaker then men, so are less tempted to use violence towards men. There still is a huge stigma on men who've been violated by women, and this is a serious issue to be worked on

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends in which country and which type of violence. Sexual violence, by far women, however this number may not be accurate due to the controversy of men speaking out about it. Other types of crime, men moreso generally. HOWEVER, in some countries, femicide is a common practice and in those countries, women are probably targeted more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. There's more violence against men in prison. Men get into fights more often. There are more men engaged in criminal activities, where violence is more prevalent. Hitting a (nother) guy is not taboo etc.

0|0
    0|0