Is English your native language?

I am here to improve my English seeing how native speakers speak considering majority of people are native speakers.

• It is my native language
  • It is my foreign language

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but I grew up watching English cartoons, so I'm fluent.

• do you speak English as if it is your native language?

• No. I have a small accent because I don't get many opportunities to actually speak English. But I can always find the right words for what I want to say.

• My Danish friend said the same thing. She watched cartoons in English growing up in Copenhagen Denmark and became fluent.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is.

Your English is already superior to that of a worrying percentage of the native speakers here.

What Girls Said 12

• No, it's not.

I'm from Estonia, the official language of Estonia is Estonian, which is related to Finnish.

• Yes, English is my native language.

• Nope. Not my native language.

• English isn't my native language but I started speaking English early and I speak it most of the time. I'd like to think I'm pretty good 😜

• So you can read advanced level books?

• I could but only if I'm really interested in the subject.

• I cannot read advanced level books. It is too boring having to look up dictionaries all the time. In every sentences, there are words I dont know.

• It's my foreign language.

• Nahh my native language is Georgian.

• Im an alien in this site. Dont tell the border patrol

• I knew you were one of those aliens. You looked like one.

• I'd enjoy the foreign club. I'm Italian, and I'm here to improve the "slang", as you.

• Im from Australia, English is the only language i know.

• It is.

• Is my English superior to that of a worrying percentage of the native speakers here? A guy told this to me here. I dont know what he might mean.

• yeah it's my native language except it's not my parents' native language

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 8

• This question is very easy to have an exact answer for.

According to the U. S. Census Bureau's 2011 American Community Survey, 230,947,071 people are native English speakers. According to the Vistawide World Languages Cultures Society, in the world 510 Million people are are native English speakers.

• no, it's my 4th

Luxembourgish
    German
    French
    English

• i was born in france, learned french until i was 6 then moved to New York for 6 years where i learned french AND English at FASNY (French American School of New York)... now i am fluent in both languages ;) so Foreign? not really :/

• It's my secound language , but I have been learning it since grade 1 so it's like Arabic to me

• Nah its not my native.

• Foreign, but I do speak English fluently at this point.

• Just like you do speak your native language?

• Eh, I don't have the expansive vocabulary I do have in my native language (which is Dutch) but I can have a conversation without any hassle.

• No its actually my 3rd language even though in was born in the US. Even now my parents make a point to talk to me in their native language so I don't forget them.

• No, but I've been studying English since I was 5.