Is there such a thing as unconditional love in this world?

I've always wondered.

Not necessarily between lovers, but even between parents and their child for example or between siblings.

Just pure unconditional love.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. All love is conditional.

The only relationships that last are the ones that were lucky enough not to face any conditions harsh enough to destroy their relationship.

• This basically. Though, I do believe only my mother's love towards me is unconditional. Even if I hypothetically became a hooker, stole money from her and did many things to actually make her life miserable... she would still forgive me and speak to me.

• **take him to a psychiatrist

• Ted Bundy's mother was unconditional till her death.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. I think there's unconditional commitment, loyalty, and responsibility towards someone like in marraige or towards your children but the love can come and go with problems and has to be earned sometimes. And there's always extreme conditions that can lose that love. Like if your kid betrayed you and became a rapist murderer I don't know if you could still love them. Or if your spouse cheated on you or did something unforgivable. I think we all have subconscious conditions for relationships, like if they do a certain thing you could never forgive them.
    But I've never been in a relationship or had kids before so I wouldn't know. lol

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. But the problem is that people don't know what it is. That or there are certain things that they're just not willing to accept about another person.

• Indeed. LOL when my father told me he has unconditional love for me. He then added ''but don't fail, betray me''. Basically I can betray others (example: cheating on an spouse, stealing money from a friend or others) but don't cross him in such a hurtful way or else he disowns me. That's already a condition.

My mother on the other hand will speak to me even I were to literally betray her. She has no conditions.

• yes. i read a story about a dog that drove with his owner in his truck across australia to do deliveries, sometimes driving more than a thousand kilometers. the dog went out of the truck at a stop and the owner had to go because of a schedule. the dog came home a year later, it had traveled more than 1600 km or something home to the owner. that is unconditional love.

• I think there is because there are murderers and rapists in the world who are still loved by at least one person and I think if you can love someone after they've done that then you can love them no matter what

• yes there is and its of parents, some parents love their children unconditionally

• Yes I'm sure

• Yes.

• yup there is. Lots of people are all about that these days. sheesh :)

What Girls Said 16

• There is unconditional love between lovers. Or maybe a better name for it would be being blinded by love? Obviously not a good thing, though. That would refer more to cases where one person stays iwth their s/o, despite being abused in one way or another, and gives every justification for that under the sun.

I think that the only unconditional love that exists and is actually positive would be from a mother for her children.

• Yes. I think so. I imagine being overwhelmed with love for someone I've never met before when I give birth to my first child, and my husband would feel the same. And I think some people have unconditional love for their partner's, which can be bad or good.

• Yes. God is the picture of unconditional love.

But if you don't believe in God then imagine a mother and her child. Husband and wife
    Father a child
    Child and sibling
    Best friends

Unconditional love exists everywhere.

• I have unconditional love for my little sister and niece. They're the only two people I have it for. Everyone else could probably be stretched to a limit even if with some it'd be really really hard to do.

I think you can know you love someone unconditionally when you can honestly say if put in the position to you would takes bullet for them.

• Yea, I mean look at my mom and me

• Sometimes.

If so it's either only between a dog towards his/her owner or a parent (many times mainly the mother) towards his/her child.

• There is. I've seen one. My mum's love for me.

• i think puppies love their owners unconditionally. that's about it lol.

• No. Love is never unconditional.

• Sure, my dog loves me inconditionally

• I don't think so no.

• Its there, not everyone has it or shares it.

• Yes there is

• Well you could have a case like the guy from 13 going on 30 did.. Love the girl all those years... hey that could still happen... there's guy here at my work I think secretly loves his co-worker., but it's bad too both are in relationships and he seems happier around her, face lights up but it can never be

• I don't think there is, maybe parent towards child but other than that, I doubt it

• Yes there is but you wouldn't know it until you have experienced it.