Have you ever escaped death?

What happened?

I survived a 9 meter fall of a cliff during illegal of-track skiing 30 years ago. When I'm stressed out i still dream of it, seeing that river bedding coming at me.
O yeah once a horse tried to kick me. He had plates (special horseshoes to be able to make a sliding stop) he missed my head by an inch. I could feel the wind.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I was once swinging on our backyard swing and then the top wood part of the swing which is a thick ass wood poll fell off and landed right on top of me. I still have NO idea how I survived. The whole swing literally broke. I fell right on top of my neck area and just missed my head.

• Just like those "funiest" home video's where a split sec after the accident the footage stops so you can't see they seriously injured.

• Ahahaha yes exactly :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes twice.. First one time i almost drown since I don't know how to swim it was bad idea to be in the ocean. I flipped my head was down my legs were up and Remember thinking this can't be happening to me i tried to put my head above water asking for help but my freinds thought i was joking and ignored me.. Then again then one of the me helped me with one hand but i slipped then with two hands and pulled me up.
    Second time i was having allergic reaction and couldnt breath at all i couldnt go to the hospital until my sister came and took me i think i would have died if she didn't.

What Girls Said 10

• yup, twice. Once in a car accident when I was freshly-turned 14 (as in 5 days after my birthday). The second time about a month ago when I had my first ever seizure. 😐

• Yeah plenty of times.
    I've almost been hit by a truck when I was inline skating, almost suffocated because a bubble tea 'pearl' got stuck in my windpipe when I was in Japan and almost drowned when I had a kite-surf accident in Guam.. And then several times when I was seriously ill but I'm not sure if that can count as 'escaped' I think that was more just a fight.

• I guess these events might count:

- Getting out of the pool before fainting. I went to the pool after only an hour of eating lunch... not exactly the brightest idea. Was then 14 and my mother helped me on the way home.

- As a high schooler: I was heading towards the bus stop to take the bus in the morning. As I was crossing the street, I had to take a step back or else a car coming at full speed would have run over me.

• Many times.

ie: Several car accidents + multiple drug over doses + offline psycho stalkers + dangerous hypothermia & ams when hiking o/s + a lawyer date who had
    his car petrol bombed.

Congrats on surviving that nine metre cliff fall.
    Scary af + a very real fear of mine!!!

Did it happen via down hill or when cross country skiing?

• Yeah with my car flipping 3 times, lucky for me it landed in a ditch with one side being high up. So my car didn't crush me to death.

• I can't say I have.

• I don't know if that counts, month ago, in a car accident. I didn't have serious injuries just i had a neck pain for a short time and coronary artery spasm.

• yes I have several times
    on the operating table

• I was going to probably get killed by two cows.

And a truck was close to hitting me

• Yes, tried to take my own life with pills. My parents saved me

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah, I was stabbed in the head. I was also in an a car accident when I was in seventh grade, normally I would sit in the back seat (it was a station wagon) but since my brother kyle couldn't make it (me my brother greg michael and stephen) so we (the rest of my brothers (well all but one)) whent with out him to go to six flags. I don't know what happened exactly but I remember looking back and seeing a headlight slamming right into the back end of the car so I ducked down and then it was a chain of cars slamming into each other. When we got out the seat I normaly sat in didn't exist anymore. The back end of the car was nearly flush with the middle seats, I would have had most of my body crushed including at least half my lungs if not even my heart (not to mention the glass shrapenel to the face) yet because my brother couldn't show up I was not only fine but was even the only one in my family that didn't get wip lash, not even a scratch. I was freaked out for several years after that whenever I was in the car with any one but my parents.

• I had a canoeing accident in rapids a few years ago. It was pretty scary

• Both yes and no. Does it count if one needs medical attention/first aid to come back to life?

• Ah like yeah?

• What happened

• 1st was due to drowning, trying to save my sister who couldn't swim, when I couldn't swim myself. The 2nd were due to being myself and the group being careless teens, we were playing around in a construction lot on a building, and when a friend fell, I jumped after, almost getting impaled on a steel rod. Luckily, my friend got away safely.

• Yes, back in 2011 during Hurricane Irene. I was driving to work and I missed a tree falling on me by several seconds. If I were several seconds behind, I would've gotten got for sure!

• I went to work in Mumbai... and made it.

• Lol, I heard this one, but I wanna ask you first, why haha? Is it because of food intoxication?

• Woaaah that's scary haha

• Yeah, the worst was when another train passed us, i wasn't expecting the wind and was blown half off (like holding on with one sweaty hand) but a local guy grabbed me. I think it's the only time i've been legit scared of death.

• dont know that its count as in escaping or not but i once tried suicide and drank poison but i didn't died.

• Yes, I walked out of the Twilight movie, which was boring the life out of me.

• not really... I had my moments but wouldn't say I've been really close to it

• A couple of times,
    Nearly got killed by a herd of cattle for one

• Yes when the police showed up to save me from my psycho mom

• you can escape death but can't escape life.

• Hmmm

• Yea.. Bought my mom a packet of beef jerky.. She's Indian..