What is the fasting of Ramadan?

What is the fasting of Ramadan
What is the fasting of Ramadan?

0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not fasting lol but I'm Muslim so...

Okay so every year we have a month dedicated to God called Ramadan. In this month we have to try and be as religious as we can, that includes not gossiping at all, praying, be kind to others etc.

In addition to this we don't eat for a certain set of hours. This is dependent on the country we live in. We usually go by the rule: eat when the sun is down and don't eat when the sun is up. This is so we take this month to truly feel grateful for what we have and to reflect upon it. It's also so we can remember the poor people who have this as their reality and part of their every day lives. It also teaches us to be resilient and patient, and as you know, patience is a virtue.

There's are exceptions - not everybody has to fast. If you're sick, if you're on your period etc then you are not allowed to fast as it is harming yourself.

At the end of this month we have a three day eid, where we celebrate our accomplishment.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• You get to fast for a month from sunrise to sunset to feel those who are unfortunate, as well as get closer to God. Also, you're not only fasting from food and water, but you're also fasting from sex, lying, cussing.. Etc :)

0|0
    0|0
  • To put it very simply... Your giving up food or something else you choose for the church season, like god gave his only son, and Jesus gave his life. Obviously our sacrifice is on a much smaller scale- its a small token of thanks. We fast every year but this year have chosen to give up TV instead (healthy choice since we are trying for a baby)

0|0
    0|0
  • I am sorry, I didn't get the question but this girl explains pretty well about Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg773rKNI0o

0|0
    0|0
  • It's bullshit.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!