Why do I feel so disappointed and dead?

I don't feel like the old me. I used to be okay with everything. I never cried over things, I accepted things. Lately, things have been crashing for me. I've been under great amounts of stress, people are just using me, and I am not me anymore. I never felt this way before, I usually accepted everything that was bad in life. Now I feel like I should give up, I feel as though not even my grades as an A+ student would help me at this point. I feel suicidal and stressed. I don't want to be here anymore and no one seems to pick that up.. What can i do now? Should I suck it up or give up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep moving forward, one step at a time. Being a teenager can be real tough, you're certainly not the only one who's felt the way you do.
    It's a combination of hormones going crazy, stresses of school, figuring out what to do after high school (college, career, etc.), difficult social situations, plus whatever additional stresses you have at home and with family. It can suck!

BUT, it does get better! I promise you that. Life isn't always easy, and life isn't always fun and happy. There are ups and downs, good times and bad times, it's just the way it is.

If you can work on developing an outlook on life early on (now), getting through the tough times doesn't have to be all that difficult.

Keep this in mind; Change is the only constant in life. Everything is always changing. Things seem to suck right now, but it's changing... 3 weeks from now, 3 months from now, 3 years from now, things will be different. Just hang in there, the rain will stop, and the sun will come out again.

Hell, YOU are changing! Especially if you're a teenager. You said in your post "I don't feel like the old me" and "I am not me anymore"
    You're probably correct... You're probably not the same person who you are referring to as "me". Aside from the biological changes that happen as you grow up, you've also had many personal experiences that have shifted and molded how you think and what you think.
    What was important to you last year might not mean anything to you now. The friends who you were close with last year might not be the right friends to have now. This is the tough part about growing up, it just is...

If you're really feeling suicidal, get yourself professional help. The future "you" will thank you for taking action.

Also give these things a try.

Get a notebook and spend some time writing. It doesn't really matter what you write, and it's nothing to share with anyone else. You could even rip up and destroy the pages as you fill them. Write about what you're feeling. Write about what you want your life to be like. Write out "your perfect day".
    When you're really stressed, I find it helpful to just write everything that's on your mind, dump it all out onto paper until you can't even think of anything else.
    I don't know why, but doing this stuff helps to sort everything out and get unnecessary crap out of your mind.

Also, try writing a list of 10 things you're grateful for, every night before you go to bed. Nothing fancy. Just 10.

Also, check out the Headspace app.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to stay strong honey.. I can promise you your death will solve NOTHING.. YOU FIGHT WITH EVERY THING YOU GOT!! Trust and believe if you knew my life it was as close to HELL on earth as you could imagine. I have suffered MANY MANY years. I have tried to take my life MANY times as a teenager. When I turned 17 & got pregnant I decided it was time to change my life I got into counseling and learn so much about not only myself but the real world not the darkened world that I had lived in... Today I still struggle but you know what. NOTHING IN THIS WORLD WILL BRING ME DOWN.

DON'T EVER GIVE UP. FIND HOPE..

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0