What do you do when someone says bad things you don't wanna hear?

I was at a barbershop yesterday and I was just fixing my haircut by telling the barber what he should cut and the lengths. A later while, he was annoyed because tbh he wasn't doing it right i kept telling him nicely. He told me that I wasn't even a celebrity and a haircut is a haircut. He meant that haircut should be short. The mentality that this ugly country possess. I wanted a medium length because I had a long hair. Wtf is wrong with him. I just laughed and shrugged it off. He's around his 60's by the way. And i'm never going back to that place.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I just laughed and shrugged it off." This is exactly how I deal with unwanted criticisms from strangers. I laugh at them for being insecure and for bothering to say mean things to me when they should be minding their own business. I would take time to comtemplate if I would criticized by my friends. But a stranger? Oh please.

Of course, their criticisms will dwell on me for some time but I'll forget them as I'm preoccupied with other things.

If I were you, I'd report that barber to their customer affairs and I'd like to have him fired for being so condescending and he was also initially inconsiderate. I'm sure you paid for what you ought to receive. Others won't have to suffer from how that barber would treat clients.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends.

If it's something I simply "dont wish to hear", I ignore them or distract myself with something else.

If it's something I disagree with, I will either state my disagreement or let it go- depends on the seriousness of the statement.

If it's something offensive such as what your barber did, I'd have stood right up and left without giving it another thought.

• what a rude person. ur his customer and he needs to treat u with the utmost respect wtf?
    good, dont go back. can't stand those kinds of salespeople.

• i wouldn't care or i'd reply to them in a similar way >:( you can't really blame him tho; his old

What Guys Said 0