Is graduating in 6 years bad?

I took 2 years off in the middle, so I technically only did 4.

I'm 23 right now, I guess that's a good age to graduate.

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter if you are 22, 32 or 42. Personally I think most people should NOT go straight through college right after high school. I think they are better off going out in the world and working, and getting a better feel for what's out there before committing to several years of college and tens of thousands of dollars in costs.

Students who are older make much better students. They are more focused, know why they are going, and what they want to do with it. I've heard college professors say this many many times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. You finished and you got your degree, that's what matters in the end. It's not like high school where you have to finish in four years or you're pretty much fucked. There's no set schedule for completing a degree.

What Guys Said 16

• I think you will be ok. Most people are a lot more mature at 23 vs 21 even though that is only a couple of years. Many companies shy away from hiring really young graduates because they are still in that party with no responsibility mode in life. They look more favorable to people who are slightly older and past that care-free phase of their lives.

• Yeah I agree.

I think I wouldn't list it however on my resume (just the end year 2016 will be listed) just so that when employers look at my resume they won't know the start date.

• Depends what it is. Anything important or specialized, you should know at least 70% of the material, so your GPA should be 3.00 or better. I'd like to see 3.5 or better to be honest. Imagine a doctor that got 30% of the questions wrong on the exam! Would you want him doing open heart surgery on you?

• Hmm over here a B is not 70% it's a 73%

• The age is irrelevant. It's more important that your field of study will make you employable. People take 10-20 years off in between. My 7th grade English teacher took 20 years off in between.

Guy did construction for 20 years, went back to school after leaving that field and became a teacher for the next 20 years. Real cool dude.

• Wow I didn't realize people did that, (took 10-20 years off)

• You're fine. I have a couple of aunts who didn't even START college until they were in their mid to late 30s.

• Wow I do admire the motivation there. It's not easy to start school at that age

• No good or bad, because everyone's situation and life circumstances are just merely different.

• Who doesn't graduate in six years these days?

I graduated in five and a half years at the age of 23. And I took two and a half years off before going to graduate school.

I know a man in graduate school who's 50. Times are changing, young lady, times are changing.

• Just have a good story when the interviewers are like WTF?

• Hmm how would they know?

I only put my year graduated on linkedin (and I think now for my resume too).

Moreover, I think it's better than lots of people who took time off AFTER graduating, that is truly something to WTF about as it shows a bit of carelessness.

• I was in the special forces and I can't talk about it it's CONFIDENTIAL >>> best story lol

• I'm 26 and started college at 25, I was in the military for 5 years that is why but hey, the fact you are getting it makes you one of the 30% of Americans who have a bachelors so enjoy the club! I maybe in school for a while because their is other degree programs I plan on knocking out too.

• Well, that's different, you actually did something with your life. As opposed to partying and whoring it out, you served our country, so you have the right to brag about starting college late.

• i dont think so, and it doesn't matter if you graduate late, what matters is you done it and didn't gave up.

• No. It's not a race.

• Nope thats fine

• As long as you graduate. I have to support myself now prly won't graduate for a while.

• It all depends on your goals.

• It doesn't freaking matter it's never too late

• It doesn't matter how long it takes you as long as you graduate with good grades

• Yeah good age to graduate

• No. 6 years is the average, and it's getting worse with job/career hunting.

What Girls Said 6

• No, it is not bad. Maybe that's not the norm, but that's totally fine. What matters is you got your degree.

• Girl, I'm going to end up graduating, if I even do, by like age 28 lol
    I'm gonna be old af and barely getting my bachelor's degree :/

Oh well. Better late than never. That's what my dumbass gets for being a dumbass.

• You're getting your education and graduating. That's the only thing that matters.

• Think it's more important that you're graduating, who cares how long it took. Congratulations!

• No it's not. You graduated that's what matters other have dropped out or failed out so don't worry about finishing "on time"

• Not at all. You did it! That's awesome!