What are some good books you've read?

I'm currently reading The Silkworm by J. K. Rowling (Robert Gailbraith)

It's long. I mean it's partially interesting, but very surprising her writing style is so different in this novel.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Many Many Danielle Steele Books...
    I never can Seem to put them Down once I pick One up.
    Good luck and That novel Does Sound "Different," just like this Great question. xx

What Guys Said 7

• I read the first one in the series The Cuckoo's Calling, it wasn't bad. I'm planning on getting the Silkworm next.

• I found it to be very predictable (I had guessed the killer in the Cuckoo's Calling) and it was a long/tedious read.

However, I like this book a lot more.

What do you think about the writing style? It has that old book feel to it

• ^I do agree come to think of it, there are other novelists who are more elaborate.

But I do sometimes find her writing style to be odd in correlation with her characterization. For example, Robin is shown to be someone who is clever but not really well schooled. Yet some of her vocabulary (or the vocabulary used to show her thought process) seems off-the mark

• I don't think J. K pays much attention these kinds of details. After all, her name is enough to sell the books

• i was expecting someone to say "fifty shades of grey" :P anyway, i think the "Hatchet" survival series by Gary Paulsen were all awesome books :)

• Omnipotent Government The Rise of the Total State and Total War

• I am reading Andrej Bitov now, nice book

• I don't like books.

• I liked the cirque du freak series, it got me interested in books during highschool.

• Depends on what genres you like, but I can't wait until J. K. Rowling's CURSED CHILD comes out!

What Girls Said 2

• The outsiders was so good

• Every Dan Brown book. Except 'Angels & Demons'. Towards the end of the book everything was just bullshit-ty.

• I never read Angels and Demons. That was a long read, and so boring.

• Maybe it's not your kind of book. But it's quite informative. I suggest people to read it but then again I don't.