If you're slow in reading, does that mean you're not smart?

I am sorta slow.

Like I'll do an assignment and it'll take me 4 hours to properly read the material and do the assignment.

But I'll get an A+ on it anyways. Ha ha.

Anyways, I do sometimes wonder though if my reading speed is lesser than the average person.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I am a slow reader but I get paid a nice buck for my intelligence. Sometimes slow reading is simply your mind truly absorbing what is being wriiten. For instance, very often, people are lousy writers. A fast reader's mind might think "Crap; No Information; Move on" (Most speed reading techniques teach something like this by selecting only specific words to read). However, thr slow reader might take the time to try and discern what the writer is trying to say and also check for consistency with the earlier writing. Thus, sometimes rereading is necessary which slows down reading overall.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you aren't not smart.

You simply suffer from a very common condition called "Being human"

The Being human condition will often make you read or write or do anything else slower or faster then everyone else. The condition will make it very difficult to be exactly like everyone else

What Guys Said 1

• No it doesn't. Comprehension is more important than speed

What Girls Said 2

• no we're just all different people.
    doesn't mean you're not smart.

• It's not because you made a bridge in a day that it's going to be as good as a bridge made in a year