I am not a perfectionist but I am never happy with anything I produce or pursue. If I write something I think it is terrible and destroy it sometimes even 30~40 thousand words in. If I begin learning a language I think I'm wasting my time and stop or that I am not learning it fast enough and stop even though there is no hurry. When I draw no matter how well I am doing I pretty much kill it halfway through scribbling it out. I am just never happy with what I produce.
The most frustrating part is actually the starting over repeatedly. It is like a child knocking down his sand castle then rebuilding it with a slightly different design then knocking it down again and doing it over and over but to no avail. It's the one aspect of myself I honestly cannot stand because it wastes so much time.
Anyone else do that?
To be fair I am not looking for advice, just confirmation, and expressing a current frustration because my imaginary therapist I cannot afford said it was a good idea.
- No, you are alone0%(0)14%(1)Vote50%(1)
- No, no one likes you20%(1)29%(2)Vote50%(1)
- No, you have no friends0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
- No, that is stupid0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
- No, you're a fool0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
- No, you will never achieve anything in life40%(2)29%(2)Vote0%(0)
- No... (yes)40%(2)28%(2)Vote0%(0)