Is this not the scariest letter you could possibly get in the mail?

At first I thought this could be transmitted sexually.. then I read it's just an airborne disease. Thinking it could've been when I was in the Marine Corps but if it was then I would think this letter would be from the Department of Defense. Not saying I have it but they are saying I could have it and I need to get tested.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah that's freaky, but understand that this letter was sent as a precaution and you may not have high risk of exposure to TB.

What Girls Said 14

• Here's to hoping that you're okay.

• First of all thank you for your service, both of my parents are former jar heads! Yes that is extremely frightening and yes you need to have it checked out. I'd've freaked out for sure! Good luck!

• get it tested, and i think a scarier letter would be testing positive for hiv/aids but I don't know if those come in letters

• Damn, yeah that would freak me out! Hopefully your test is negative.

• XD God that's a nice way to be scared. :D

• I can't read it, but the heading itself is scary sounding.
    See a medical professional and I hope all is well with you!

• Wow, good luck to you! Hopefully, it's just a scare and nothing more.

• Wow. That is super scary. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

• Can't read it but hope you're ok

• It is scary. You sound a bit confused. Do you know why the expeditor sent that letter to you, specifically? (rhetorical question). Nobody should receive that sort of letter unfoundedly.

• Yea I would be freakin out.

• Don't freak out, get tested as soon as possible and good luck man, hope you're okay.

• I can't read it :/

• I would be totally freaked out if I would receive something like this...

What Guys Said 11

• Its sketchy but still too early to draw any forgone conclusions. Go get tested and see what happens when the results come.

• At one point, the U. S. had almost eliminated Tb in this country. Then through mass immigration (including most recently Syrian refugees) we've imported drug-resistant strains into the country.

• I'm concerned about the impact that not vaccinating children will have in the future as well. There's too many anti-vaxxers out there now, and there's been outbreaks of measles in the US and Canada. There's an outbreak of mumps happening here as well. And there have been reported cases of diphtheria. What's next, polio outbreaks?

All because these people listened to Jenny McCarthy and a quack doctor who's been banned from practicing medicine.

• Try reading a 2 month suspension letter with mentioning like 7 times that your sons failing classes

• this is pretty scary

• My heart would start racing if I got that in the mail.

• To me it sounds like a marketing scam to get you to pay for a doctor's appointment... not scary at all.

• HOLY SHIT DUDE.
    Are you okay

• Hopefully everything will be Gucci scary part is that I feel a lot of those symptoms

• Don't freak out, remember it might be psychosomatic after reading. Also despite being drug resistant there are PLENTY of drugs that can treat TB.
      Just thank god its not the 19th century

• That's messed up. Someone should be fired.

• fuuuu take care man!

• TB can remain dormant and can be lethal. The letter is scary and you should get it tested asap.

• well you have already left it a month...